VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m due to pick up my 17’ Highball this week or next. I have a tricky shoulder from a Hayabusa accident about 10 years ago. (I hit the ground at over 100 mph on my stroker Busa after a zip tie got caught in the throttle return, I put the bike down on the left side and pushed off, I slid about 110’) anyways the straight out arm position with the mini apes just will not work for me. I kinda of wanted the retro look of Beach Bars and settled on the 1.25” blacked out Big John Bars, they come 3.5” on Center so I ordered a Cycle Visions HD adapter kit. They are 38” wide with a 5” rise and 13” of pullback.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks like you found something that will work for you. Would like to see pics when you get the bars mounted. If those don't work for whatever reason, go with the stock gunner bars.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In this forum most guys go for taller bar than original OEM. I just couldn't get comfortable with mine, When I picked up my bike it was set 1" lower than original, then I moved it to lowest, now it is on highest. Neither give me the sense of confident moving slowly at my apartment's tight bike parking. I m looking for lower bar, looking at V drag Hammer bar or Beach bar (HD Softail Slim). Or something like HD Heritage Bar.

Pls help me, I just took ownership of bike for 2 months just don't want to give up on it, worse I will ride as is with less peace of mind

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.