VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have those Arlen Ness Big honkers? I'm looking at picking them up but have never heard them. I have stage 1 but that's not enough. My buddy has Vance and Hines and they sound great but I'm having trouble with the $725.

I don't want them to be obnoxious but want to here that 106 growl!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try taking your huge baffles out of your stage 1 exhaust and putting new baffles in. That's what I did with my swepts. I installed the rpw baffles. Just a thought and much cheaper.
I don't see a way into them, nothing on YouTube. Do you have a link for that?
Try taking your huge baffles out of your stage 1 exhaust and putting new baffles in. That's what I did with my swepts. I installed the rpw baffles. Just a thought and much cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my Vegas there are bolts on the swing arm side of the exhaust. 2 small torx or Allen bolts (one on each pipe) that need to come out. Remove them and the baffles should pull out. Then install new baffles using the same holes

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
@Dmarks1180 the OP has a crossroads, totally different exhaust than yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never said he had the same exhaust but I'm sure the baffles are in a similar way and will give him an idea. Sometimes thats all someone needs. Sorry for trying to be of some assistance @JamesBond. Maybe you can assist him more instead of just comment how he has a different bike.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
@Dmarks1180 , don't get upset, just letting you know that you didn't help him. He is asking about Big Honkers not moding his cans. I don't have Honkers so..............:bandit:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not getting upset he's saying he's having trouble spending $725 because he doesn't like the sound of his exhaust. So I'm giving him another option that can cost anywhere from $10-100 (depending on the route he goes) which will improve the sound of his exhaust and ultimately give him what he's looking for. He didn't say he wants them for looks. He said for sound. If he said for looks I would have never chimed in with suggesting he changes baffles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.