VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEllo Lads,

I'm 6ft tall and ride a Magnum and at 100kls the wind buffeting to the head is quite big. The question is what screen go i go with when I want to do a decent ride, I hate the look of a huge screen so the smaller the better ........

thanks in advance :)

Jeff

·
Registered
359 Posts
i use the klockworks flip windshield. but when i tour for long trips i use the cee baileys
im 6'2"

keep in mind the buffeting can be from below the fairing not just above.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
9" windvest here.

There is a lot more to controlling the buffeting than just a screen. Do a search for "Buffeting" and user name @Diamond Jim

Reactions: tarteman

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm 6', 30-32" inseam, I have tried many different setups, and I currently ride with the madstad brackets, 9" ness flip and fairing wind deflectors with zero air unless I direct it from the fairing delfectors.

·
Registered
359 Posts
REad em all and still lost as to what screen to get ?
so its not just as easy as adding a windshield these bikes direct air under and above the fairing. the madstad is good at killing the air over the top. but its an asthetics thing..if you like it. The air below is more complicated. The xc tour bikes had below fairing wind wings that were clear and did a good job of moving the air around the rider. but that was in conjunction with a huge windshield and hard lowers also.

I have the forged bars below. and it would create a windtunnel effect and blast me. So i bout the plastic inserts from JTD lowers and that in conjunction with a 13" screen...did the job so for the last 12,500 miles ive had no issue.

if you have no lower bars or anything. you might consider the fork mounted wind deflectors, and a decent sized windshield. Best of luck

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
9" Windvest, XCT clear lower fairing wings, XCT hard lowers, and the Bad Ace CFAD is my winning combo for wind management.

·
Registered
359 Posts
this weekend i went for a ride through the mountains here in Colorado. I have a klockwerks windshield, forged bars with inserts from jtd. and added the bad ace center deflector. Oddly didnt really see much a difference with that center deflector installed. It is in place and I'll leave it there. i know if i go on a tour trip like i do most years, i'll switch back to my ceebaileys and i'll be fine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
For $289 the Custom Motorcycle Windscreens - Gustafsson Plastics
Gustafsson Says his Victory Screen will stop the buffeting. I read a couple people say the windshield by itself stopped the buffeting.

In fact the owner says in 2011 A Vic XC owner asked for a shield to stop buffeting. They made the shield and the customers told them the buffeting was now gone. See the video.

I am almost about to pull the trigger on one.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
you can try it I have a magnum running a windvest which helped a little but when I added my Memphis shades fork deflectors buffeting was completely gone for me . but we are all different shapes and sizes good luck with it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Gustafsson Says his Victory Screen will stop the buffeting. I read a couple people say the windshield by itself stopped the buffeting.

In fact the owner says in 2011 A Vic XC owner asked for a shield to stop buffeting. They made the shield and the customers told them the buffeting was now gone. See the video.

interesting this arose. this weekend i rode with a cross country rider who had that screen on. he still complained of buffeting.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts

I've had 2 of them, it's the best IMHO but to stop all the buffeting you will need lowers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.