VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
They certainly are sharp. It would look even better with chrome tank strap covers. I like helping people spend their money on bikes.

Reactions: jayleav

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Me too... err... I do as well!! :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Trout

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'm gonna have to ride a KP one of these days.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna have to ride a KP one of these days.
Kingpin shines on high speed sweepers, and mountain/canyon riding. The rear shock with 4" of travel also swallows up rough pavement. The ergos are really good and they look damn good too.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Kingpin shines on high speed sweepers, and mountain/canyon riding. The rear shock with 4" of travel also swallows up rough pavement. The ergos are really good and they look damn good too.
There's 3 or 4 on Ebay right now.
I'm looking but I can't look too hard.
I want to sell off some Italian iron first.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
my 04 Kingpin is what truly gave me my love for long distance riding. I owned a Goldwing SE 96-99(went to V92C), then to the Kingpin.

The Kingpin is the one bike i let go that I wish I would've kept. She is still my favorite and racked up over 60,000 miles in the 4 short seasons I had her.

If i come across the right deal at the right time I'll put another one in my garage.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's 3 or 4 on Ebay right now.
I'm looking but I can't look too hard.
I want to sell off some Italian iron first.
Actually, I have mine for sale. I have other needs (or wants ?) if you get seriously inclined.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
With a few changes (so far) I've made mine a bit better for me but do agree it's a great bike. Mine did come with one thing that makes it a bit strange. My 2011 which I bought brand new off of the showroom floor has the red V tank emblem that wasn't used until 2013. I did buy it new in 2013 so I have to assume someone preferred the older style emblem and had the dealer make the change. Maybe one day I'll have to see if the oval one is still available and determine which one I like the best.

By the way, are the round medallions plastic or metal?

Reactions: jayleav

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I love that Jackal. :) My wife wanted one and prob would have had one if her hobbit legs would reach.

Just this weekend my brother-in-law was up and we went for a putt. I let him ride both my XC and my KP. I hadn't been using the KP much since it's still out of whack but it was really the first time I'd been out on a ride with both my bikes.. and although he liked the XC more I really missed riding my old girl. On paper the XC is superior in almost every category to my KP, but there's just 'something' about it that makes me smile. I don't so much as ride it as wear it.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Funny I feel the same way about my Sons VTX 1300c. Used to be mine. I installed R model handlebars. Lowered suspension. Custom tank and for the motor just a jet kit , air lit , and Bubs stepped pipes ( jug huggers ) with monster baffles. That bike was just plain fun. On the highway it walked Harley’s back in the day with TC88 motors. Lol.
He enjoys it still to this day. Says it starts and purrs every time. Carburetor no less !

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nope. If I keep a bike other than this KP it'll be a full on tourer. Vision, XCT, Road master, Goldwing ? Something like that. All my rides are minimum 700 miles and at least one night of staying away from home. I need (want ?) hard lockable storage. If I don't keep a bike I'm looking at boats. I live so close to Lake Erie and the islands a boat will be something I'll use all summer long.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I like them but I'm sorry just not into that front tire fender. That's just my opinion, just looks weird.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.