VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me, but when some puke in a car asks me "How much did that cost?" I really want to slam him for the manners his momma didn't teach him.
I'm thinking I oughta just respond with "How much you got?", but mostly I just shake my head and drive away.
Anyone? Anyone..? Buehler?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
How about...

It was an excellent value when compared to other bikes in this category.

(Isn't that what Ferris Bueller would say?)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

I have had several people ask what my Kingpin cost. Now, if it where someone rolling down the window of their cage asking I would say that would be rude. On the other hand if it's someone who is asking questions outside a Starbucks who says they ride something else and is genuinely interested in what Victory is about, I don't have a problem if they ask.
Tact is an elusive skill for some people.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Perhaps I'm a little different. I never mind talking about bikes, my bike, bikes in general.
Of course - it all boils down to "How much?" Whether it's a bike, a divorce, or a vacation.
I never mind talking about the price - Victory is a good value - I like them to know.

·
Registered
657 Posts
ddawg said:
Perhaps I'm a little different. I never mind talking about bikes, my bike, bikes in general.
Of course - it all boils down to "How much?" Whether it's a bike, a divorce, or a vacation.
I never mind talking about the price - Victory is a good value - I like them to know.
I'm with you. Depending upon the tone of the one asking, I'm not offended by the question. It's a little nosy but I assume it is an honest question and give them an idea. There is a lot of interest in bikes and lots of people that wish that they could ride. Even if the questioner is an jerk, I try not to be one too.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
To a biker or a friend I would tell them. To a cager that didn't know a Honda from a Harley, I would reply "too much".

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I'm talking shop with another biker, that's one thing. But for someone to drive alongside in a car and blurt out the onequestion is purely lacking in class, in mny mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd say...

If you want to ride a nice, new, warrantied, reliable bike like this...it's gonna be 450/month for the rest of your life...Oh yeah...tack on a 100 more for the Ins!

Just a thought...

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
smile and say as much as I'm enjoying the ride, reliability, comfort and looks, 'it's priceless'

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
To me its not the question, but the tone & attitude of the person asking, If their just making conversion or curious thats fine w/me but if their being a jerk, then screw'em

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I would never ask some stranger, without a certain amount of preamble, or conversation beforehand. Even then I'd be reluctant to ask, because it JUST AIN'T MY BUSINESS!!!
If I really need the answer, I would ask where I could BUY one.
It must be an old school thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.