VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
So why did they name it the Pacific Coast-800?
He fails to mention the V-4 layout (too busy lauding his ex... ex-girlfriend, ex-boss, and ex-neighbors).
The ride through the swap did me in!
I wouldn't own that PC-800 if you gave it to me!

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
So why did they name it the Pacific Coast-800?
He fails to mention the V-4 layout (too busy lauding his ex... ex-girlfriend, ex-boss, and ex-neighbors).
The ride through the swap did me in!
I wouldn't own that PC-800 if you gave it to me!
Yeah. This boy seems to be into bike abuse as much as self abuse.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I don't know why... but the ad made me want to buy it. I have always thought the PC-800 was the ultimate commuter bike.

I would buy a bike from someone who used it/ran it before I'd buy a bike from someone who babied it and never saw 4000 rpm. The worst thing you can do to a bike is baby the crap out of it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I always wanted one of these but not enough to actually buy one. They were like scooters on super-steroids. They were also so uncool that they were cool in a perverse way.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I don't know why... but the ad made me want to buy it. I have always thought the PC-800 was the ultimate commuter bike.

I would buy a bike from someone who used it/ran it before I'd buy a bike from someone who babied it and never saw 4000 rpm. The worst thing you can do to a bike is baby the crap out of it.
I agree with the use thing but, he states in the ad... it has what? 19kM on it... while startin' life in the early '90's.
That's almost a virgin.
But... but... a swap? He has a picture of ridin' the PC through a swamp!

I also agree with a desire to own a PC-800. The first time I saw one I was ridin' my first GL1500, I don't care what anybody says the GL1500 was a sporty bike! A 6-cylinder broad breasted b!tch, with dual carbs (the less to fill you with my dear), a sure footed stance that kept me up-right for many a mile ('til I went through a truck with it).

But the PC, the PC was nimble, Honda quality, with a commuter in mind. I read where you could put 2 bags of groceries and a full-face in the trunk.

The author's gonzo journalistic styled ad would make HST (and Johnny Depp by extension) quite proud!
I dug it....

• Winner
Reactions: poppamark
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.