VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike kept getting harder and harder to stand up straight from the kickstand on my last trip. I was thinking I must be getting weaker. Then it dawned on me my bike was leaning more than usual on the kickstand. If I parked on a slight slant it was really leaning over. Yep, my kickstand is bending at a pretty good rate. Good to know it is just not my bike and there are options out there. I just ordered my heavy duty kickstand from Witchdoctors. I probably could have taken the old kickstand to a weld shop and had them fix it and beef it up but decided to go with Witchdoctors.

This is old news for most of you but for the newer guys and gals, letting you know it could happen to you. I guess several kickstands have actually broken. This is not just a Vision problem but common on the bigger bikes.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Add pics when you get it. Have been thinking about the heavy duty version for preventative care before I have a problem.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood Gadget Tints and shades
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Bumper Wood Musical instrument accessory
Tool Wood Bumper Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior

I ordered the heavy duty full size stand. I think there is a chrome one and a shorter one for lowered bikes. It looks like a standard kickstand that they welded a half a pipe to it to strengthen it. It is better than I could do but not the prettiest weld job. It does have a nice coat of paint on it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Thx for sharing. I wonder if they make them in house. I’d be interested in one without the riveted rubber pad so I could use my VicPuck and not have to drill out the rivets. That was a PITA the first time around.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
I drilled each rivet a bit and then used a flat head to pry it out. They came out easy on both bikes doing that. Maybe I was just lucky. If you could get the stand without a pad that certainly would make things easier though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.