VOG Forum banner

Belt Squeel?

1247 7
Hey there
I have been putting as many miles as possible on my bike lately before the snow flies and now i am noticing that there is a squeal comming from my bike. It is only when i am on teh throttle, when i let off it goes away so im thinking that it is probably just a alignment issue causing my belt to squeal but i am not noticing any significant amount of wear on the belt sides. Is anyone else noticing this or experience this before?
Dwayne
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem with mine. I've been told that if the belt alignment is not perfect you will get a squeak/ squeal from the belt. I have not had time to wrench on it yet, if I get time this weekend to work on it I'll post the results.

· Registered
61 Posts
After riding in solid rain for about 100 miles (this past July) I noticed a pretty awful squealing noise from the belt area as we were cruising in to stop for the night. The next morning the noise ceased after about 10 miles. I wondered if the rain was making 'er cry. Haven't heard it since.

· Registered
33 Posts

It could be a couple things - alighnment is one. Mine happend when I rode 2-up. Belt rubbed on the front cover. There is a lot of ideas how to fix this problem if you do a forum search for it. Ijust adjusted the suspension. There is a section for this procedurein the manual.
If it is as cold there as it has been here latley I think sometimes it just happens when the bike is real cold. Belt needs to warm up and loosen up a bit. Mine chirps a bit when I take off in the morning but after a few highway miles it is back to normal. I just take it nice and easy for the first few on a cold morning.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks guys
as always a ton of responses and fast. Thanks i love this site. I will pay more attention to if it is only on the first ride of the day as it is often only about 4 degrees above freezing when i take off even though the bike is in my heated garage. I do know that it is not from riding 2 up as my girlfrien doesnt find the back seat all that comfortable...o darn. haha i do want to soften my suspension a little in teh back as it does ride pretty stiff for my liking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.