VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, I'm a Vision Early Adopter. Yes, I truly enjoy the bike and of all the bikes I've owned over nearly 30 years, it's the most comfortable, versatile touring bike I've every experienced. As Duane stated in the video on this site (go to Forums and search Duane to see his video comparison), it's like a Goldwing, but feels like a Real Motorcycle.

But being an early adopter means that there WILL be problems. My question to you is:

Has your dealer and the factory's customer service addressed and fixed the issues you've had in a timely manner? For me, I'm fortunate to have one of the A+ dealers and I can answer yes. But, I have to admit that Victory has been a bit slow of informing us when a problem exists and offering timely solutions.

So, now it's your turn, how has your experience been with your bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fortunately I haven't had a single problem with My Victory 8-ball, besides the 100Cubic Inch Decal blowing off on my trip down to Houston.

I put 10K miles on it last year, and rode in a torrential downpour for 270 miles thru Canada, and It never failed to start nor have I had any other issues with it.

My dealer was pretty quick about re-ordering me another decal though.

I love being the Only Victory in a sea of Harley's especially when all heads are turned and you can hear everyone say... Damn...

Shima

·
Registered
11 Posts
72,000 miles on my 2003 Vegas with almost no problems! I have replaced the belt twice andand just performed regular maintenance. I will never get rid of this bike! It was a first year bike also but Victory must of done it right!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was an early adopter with my 2000 V92C, which just turned over 61,000 miles. I used to ride a bit more, but am now married with a infant in the house as well, and that puts a damper, a "good damper" mind you, on riding time.

It has been frustrating at times to be the early adopter. My bike has had nearly all of the V92C recalls, minus the replacement of the speedometer. I can't even remember the full list, but that list includes the replacement of the transmission, a replacement of the shock, and others.

At this point, the bike is "dialed in" (in NASCAR terms) pretty well. At 61,000, there are some scratches, squeaks, and the like. But it has been a long journey to get here.

I like to say that those of us with the V92Cs allowed Victory to learn the art of motorcycle building so that those of you with current models can ride with confidence today.

However, with the all-new frame and body of the Vision as of 2008...I decided that it would be several years before I joined the revolution...and I've been asking for a fill tourer since 2000. Victory has learned a ton...but there will still be details to iron out. As an example, it appears the 2009 models have reverse. That's due to owners asking about the possibility. And Victory does learn. They do listen.

Ideally, I'd still like to see a classically styled Victory in the line-up...these bikes are beautiful, but there's something about the styling of the Road King/Fat Boy/Heritage Classica that appeals to American-defined sense of style and culture...and the old V92C and TC approached that style. But Victory has proved me wrong...they've sold far more of these other bikes than I'd have ever thought.

One other key element of being an early adopter is to have a dealer with you who is committed to the brand. I've had that, and that has made ownership a joy (whereas I used to own Hondas and Yamahas, and every dealer experience I ever had was negative). One of the problems back in 1998-2001 is that many dealers joined the network, thinking that they'd have H-D cash flow, without investing (truly) into the brand. My dealer is the last dealer of the original Victory dealers in Minnesota, and there's a reason why the dealership still exists.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Personally, I wasn't surprised that Victory did not introduce a new bike platform for 2009 as, in the big picture, they are still a relatively small company. Introducing the Vision last year was a major undertaking and introducing two new platforms in such a short period is difficult for even the larger companies.
But, after studying Victory's financial information, they have some very agressive targets and goalsover the next few years and to accomplish that goal I can only guess (I have no inside information on this topic) they will have to introduce another new platform in the very near future. My guess is that next year we could possibly see a bike that could be similar in style to H-D's Heritage line that can be outfitted from anywhere from nearly naked to a full tour bike.
While motorcycles are still a relatively small portion of Victory's total sales and withthe current economic conditions, I personally don't feel they can reach those targets without expanding their motorcycle lineup.
I guess we'll see how this turns out over the next few years.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I have to say I have been very happy with the Vision and the service from my dealer. I posted my dealer experience in the other thread. One thing I forgot to mention. The first day out on the bike, as soon as the engine got good and hot, a piece of the black wrinkle finish flaked off one of the cooling fins on the cylinder. Of course the most obvious spot. Top fin, rear cylinder on the high side. I brought it to the dealer's attention and he agreed that it needs to be taken care of under warranty. They took pictures and sent away to corp. for a new can (cylinder). I have since seen photos of what is involved to replace this part and decided I would rather do some kind of touch up than have my bike dismantled to such a degree. Not to mention how long it would take. For now a black magic marker has taken care of it. You have to look for it. For a new model, Ican live with minor things like this. This is not my motorcycle in the picture. This is a cylinder head replacement posted on another group.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I doubt Victory is going to go after a market that has competitors and a HUGE gorillla that controls it already.
I would think they will once again go after some market they view as underserved by any other motorcycle company. So, figure out where THAT hole is and you'll probably see the next all new product from Victory!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a 99 with 76000 miles. I had the balance shaft bearing go out at 56000and the pieces from that wrecked the oil pump. So I had it re ringed and other stuff dune.So with that said I think it needs the 09 Hammer S siting next to it withmods dune from Conquest Customs and motor wurk done by Lloydz (Hard On Horsepower).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.