·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've never understood why anyone would want to do burnouts with their vechiles. Chirping the tires is one thing but burnouts can do real damage though rarely as spectacular in this video.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Do they make insurance for Stupid?

As fast as that thing went hes done this on this tire before.

"If you burn out and blow up half your car,..........YOUUUUUU MIGHT BE A ******* !

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Do they make insurance for Stupid?

As fast as that thing went hes done this on this tire before.

"If you burn out and blow up half your car,..........YOUUUUUU MIGHT BE A ******* !
LOL

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Call to the tire store and insurance company the next morning, "I was just driving along and the tire blew up!" How's it go, fools and their money are soon parted.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have watched that being done on bikes at a motorcycles meet. My question is why? I spend to much money for my bikes and cars to treat them like that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen a car totaled due to a burnout.

I would not let my worst enemy drive that body style of Camaro. I have seen too many accidents with them were they have all of the integrity of a beer can. In one case I witnessed a head on between a Camaro like that and a Dodge Omni. The driver and passenger of the Omni walked away. The driver and passeneger of the Camaro had to be cut out of the wreckage because the firewall was pushed back so far it crushed both of their legs.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Looks like he had the air pressure up too high to get tire spinning. Only the very center of the tire look wore out...man when that belt broke...it created a nitemare for him. I wonder how he got home. He did a good job of looking and remaining cool after that stunt.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

That sux!

·
Registered
74 Posts
One of my ex parts managers did that with his Vtx .He had a 300 tire on the back.Steel belted. The tire didn't blow but when he got past the rubber and down to the belts,well the steel belts started flying apart.By the time he shut it down the rear fender,seat and his ass were shredded.He was in the bathroom for a while with tweezers pulling the metal slivers out.
that was about the funniest thigs I have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Insane. That was a freak accident. Most tires do not do that during a burn out. Have seen thousands at the drags, yes even with street tires (the run what you brung class). Sux for this guy. I've done a dozen or so and never had a problem. Yes, one of those was a VTX1800 with the steel threads showing (at the end of the burnout). It throws Hella sparks, and can ignite the hot smoldering rubber lying around (don't ask how I know).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.