VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
Well Gentlemen,
Being the Bride is a Bee Keeper from time to time, this is the skinny Monsanto doesn’t want you to know. They have or had put pesticides in structure of the plants that basically make the plant poison from seed to flower. Although this didn’t show up like the illustrated articlae as it took a gernration or two to damage the Bees immune system. Billions of bees just vanished and France was the first to collate the issue.

That said, bees don’t pollinate corn or it isn’t needed because the wind takes care of corn. The neonicotinoids are bad ju-ju to pollinators and I thought was banned in Canada, like the EU. We threatened to sue and raised hell when after being promised by True Green sprayed our yard with that crap. They didn’t even know that is was deadly for Bees, even after being promised it wouldn’t occur.

Scary when one realizes that in name of overpopulation, we are being poisoned on a wholesale manner...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Is that a nicotine coating on the seeds? Nicotine is a poison. Just ask any sheep farmer from NZ--run them sheep through a dip with nicotine in it. Penetrates the waxy wool and gets to the skin to kill bugs.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
I worked for Monsanto--great benefits!
I know a few of you guys and I know you hate it when certain issues are brought up. They do good work as well and I am not a Democrat and going to attack the people that worked there. But just like anything else, sometimes the hunt for the dollar short-cuts research of an downside to a product.

With all the ability to alter DNA and making products that can be directly sprayed with an insecticide, can boost crops to a point as I stated to overpopulation.

Just like engineering, changing something upstram may have devestating consequences downstream on something else and this is one. Bees pollinate 85% of the crops in the World.

Did they know? Did they care? Or did it work for corn, therefore the other crops weren't involved? They know now and maybe they can come up with a solution....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Past tense, 'worked!'
I'm not defending them, the truth should always come out. Plus, I didn't care for the way they handled my career. But, the benefits were great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.