VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cruise eBay often and recently while looking for Victory stuff I ran across a stereo for a Vision. The bid started at a dollar so I placed that bid and watched it over the length of the auction. To my surprise I got it for under $40. Having two Visions and having already had a stereo issue I thought it was a no brainier. It is used but in great shape and said to be working fine.....though I haven't tested it.

View attachment 468457

·
Registered
227 Posts
Super! You or someone will eventually need it.

I’m wanting to get a spare headlight. Ya never no how hard it will be to get these things in the distant future.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I cruise eBay often and recently while looking for Victory stuff I ran across a stereo for a Vision. The bid started at a dollar so I placed that bid and watched it over the length of the auction. To my surprise I got it for under $40. Having two Visions and having already had a stereo issue I thought it was a no brainier. It is used but in great shape and said to be working fine.....though I haven't tested it.

View attachment 468457
Great start to a victory parts business

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good catch. Hope you don't have to use it.
Long ago riding in stop and go traffic with the thermometer reading 118 my screen went out. The radio still worked but the display was done. That was covered under warranty but that long since expired. Having a spare feels good. I have a few other things I'd like to pick up and store.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Good find. The screen on mine is starting to act weird, but it will have to wait until after the Helen GA Vic rally before I go to the dealer to get it replaced. I am not sure if my extended warranty will cover it, but if not I have seen some on E-Bay.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Actually I'm of the opposite thought. if I could find a blank to fill the hole where my radio is I would take mine out. I would rather listen to my bike and the wind than to the radio. I've played mine twice. both times in the garage and for a total of maybe a minute. Maybe...

Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Actually I'm of the opposite thought. if I could find a blank to fill the hole where my radio is I would take mine out. I would rather listen to my bike and the wind than to the radio. I've played mine twice. both times in the garage and for a total of maybe a minute. Maybe...
HMD520 did it with their custom bike. Not sure if they sell them or if this was a one-off.

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 8Ball Vision did not come with a stereo. If you found a center console from one you would be able to switch it out and be stereo free. Then you could make some money back selling the stereo.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The 8Ball Vision did not come with a stereo. If you found a center console from one you would be able to switch it out and be stereo free. Then you could make some money back selling the stereo.
wow! learn somn everyday...did not know that. (makes much more sense now on what HMD did then)

Random pic pulled from the interwebs. (yes VVB, we should track down the owner and tell them to remove that damn sticker!)

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Nice find. Just as a FYI in case you didn't know, but the radios are not interchangeable between all year models. I found that out when trying to add a radio to my 2011 8-ball. There are three different radio units, and if you put the wrong one in the wrong year, you will fry the radio unit. 2008-2009 was one unit, 2010-2011 was another, and then 2012-2017. I just so happened to notice the big warning in the 2011 service manual before installing the 2009 head unit I had purchased.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I removed the top of the tag holder to eliminate that cheesy cheep POC reflector. Sawed the bracket top half off, painted it and WHALA.

Reactions: Pops
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.