VOG Forum banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts
I do have to say that the guy piloting that #2 placing HD can RIDE... he power-drifted that fuqer into every single corner. I think if he'd been on an Indian instead of that HD there'd been a lot bigger delta in the finishing times. The Indian that won did so after going off the f'ing track at one point! How many races have you ever seen THAT happen?

@BP6666VR GP's vary in laps depending on track & time limits

Reactions: BP6666VR
Really enjoyed that OP!
I would really love to see a cammed/tuned Vision 8ball with the tip overs and boards modified running past those baggers.
The second place bike had a 170hp 131 and O'Hara still had him covered 6 ways to Sunday. I'm pretty certain that a Vision would need much more than cams to compete with the Challenger.

The second place bike had a 170hp 131 and O'Hara still had him covered 6 ways to Sunday. I'm pretty certain that a Vision would need much more than cams to compete with the Challenger.
I get that @jmstang302 , was just cracking wise because I think the Vision 8ball handles better than a Challenger which may be more useful on that track. A stock Challenger is about 103 HP at the wheel on the dyno. I ran one coming back from the keys. Listened to a blow hard tell about how fast his 36k Challenger was through 2 beers at Alabama Jack's. Just asked him to show me. Pucker took off before I had put on my helmet and gloves. I wasn't just a little faster. I caught him, past him and showed him that big V on the back for a moment and then had to stop when I got to US1 because I didn't see him. Smoked a cig and waited for him. He said man that bike is fast.....I said yeah it was expensive too paid $7500 for it. Didn't feel the need to mention what I spent on performance mods as if what he said was true about what he paid for the Challenger I am less than 1/3 the cost and the Challenger is just too ugly for me to even consider.:badgrin:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Shoe Photograph

That bottom photo is a screen capture from a video just before it went down into the ditch.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I get that @jmstang302 , was just cracking wise because I think the Vision 8ball handles better than a Challenger which may be more useful on that track. A stock Challenger is about 103 HP at the wheel on the dyno. I ran one coming back from the keys. Listened to a blow hard tell about how fast his 36k Challenger was through 2 beers at Alabama Jack's. Just asked him to show me. Pucker took off before I had put on my helmet and gloves. I wasn't just a little faster. I caught him, past him and showed him that big V on the back for a moment and then had to stop when I got to US1 because I didn't see him. Smoked a cig and waited for him. He said man that bike is fast.....I said yeah it was expensive too paid $7500 for it. Didn't feel the need to mention what I spent on performance mods as if what he said was true about what he paid for the Challenger I am less than 1/3 the cost and the Challenger is just too ugly for me to even consider.:badgrin:

View attachment 567539
I am waiting to see who is going to be the first Vic builder with a grudge to turn a Vision into the true bagger King.

watch the value of Vision 8 balls start going up.

That bottom photo is a screen capture from a video just before it went down into the ditch.
Yea, was gonna say by looks of his left leg/foot he is on the way dwn

I do have to say that the guy piloting that #2 placing HD can RIDE... he power-drifted that fuqer into every single corner. I think if he'd been on an Indian instead of that HD there'd been a lot bigger delta in the finishing times. The Indian that won did so after going off the f'ing track at one point! How many races have you ever seen THAT happen?
That 3rd place rider was injured from a previous days crash. 2nd place guy was definitely a highly skilled rider. Would've been a hell of a gap between 1st and 2nd though if the winner hadn't gone off the track as you say.

Was supposed to be a group from Canada but with travel restrictions they couldn’t participate.

It was a competition for Indian vs Harley Davidson.
if BMW and Honda were to participate I think the future of bagger racing would be more interesting. The Challenger right now is the bike to beat. Events like this could get everyone to step up their game. More Performance parts could find their way into the show rooms. Look at Zach Ness' Cross Country that he built a few years ago. He and his Dad and Grandpa Arlen all built Victory XC bikes according to their taste and style. Arlen did a Vision/ Xc bagger while Cory did his usual fancy paint and Ness Accessories bagger but Zach ? He took the performance route ! Keeping more to what he thought his generation wanted in today's bagger ! A supercharged canyon carving machine !
This ! Could have been the bagger that won Laguna Seca !
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Opening the door to Honda is inviting the Devil in. Their R/D is through the roof - even if V-twin was a requirement they would build something crazy ...they has so much money it is obscene.
I like the way they handled filling the track; invite bike builders to innovative on short notice. :0) I think many ppl in the production side if things took notice. I wouldn't be surprised if they are interested in some if the design aspects the builders tweaked.

It was a competition for Indian vs Harley Davidson.
if BMW and Honda were to participate I think the future of bagger racing would be more interesting. The Challenger right now is the bike to beat. Events like this could get everyone to step up their game. More Performance parts could find their way into the show rooms. Look at Zach Ness' Cross Country that he built a few years ago. He and his Dad and Grandpa Arlen all built Victory XC bikes according to their taste and style. Arlen did a Vision/ Xc bagger while Cory did his usual fancy paint and Ness Accessories bagger but Zach ? He took the performance route ! Keeping more to what he thought his generation wanted in today's bagger ! A supercharged canyon carving machine !
This ! Could have been the bagger that won Laguna Seca ! View attachment 567619
I love how that Vic looks I wish I had the funds to fix one of mine up just like that.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.