VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Oddly I had a problem Monday night where my high-beams stayed on even when I put them on low! The hi-lo switch had no effect. I took off today during a break in the rain and rode out to Barnes Motor World Victory in Westminster, MD and a kid named Steve found a loose wire connector, tightened it, put it back together, test rode it and charged it to Victory under the Warrantee.

He was funny as hell!! With a straight face he said,"I rode it fast and braked real hard, then I went over some railroad tracks and did a couple of wheelies and set it down extra hard to make sure it was gonna hold." I told him No Problem,I would hit a few high curbs on the way home to test it for real.

Out of three shops I've walked into, two have been outstanding;
Motor-Vation in Mechanicsburg, PA & Barnes Motor World Victory in Westminster, MD.

Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis just got their last shot, but the guy said he couldn't get me in until the end of next week!! Maybe they are a wonderful dealer, but they have ignored me twice, so either they are too busy for me, or too big for their britches.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Great news. Love hearing these kinds of stories....and really like how the "kid" took extra special care to make sure he fixed it right the first time! LMAO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Excellent dealer and wonderful tech!! Sounds just like the experience that I have every time I go to the dealer, either with a problem or a question. Glad to hear that there are a few good ones out there, most of the time you only hear about the bad ones on this site!

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

vbbuilt said:
I've had nothing but excellent service with Chesapeake, consistently. I get all my work done out there!
I'm glad they worked out for you, but they have been rude and dismissive with me on two calls prior to my purchase, and very polite with me yesterday when they told me I would need to wait until late next week for them to look at my brand new Victory Motorcycle that only had Highbeams.
I saved the email about putting a deposit down on a bike to get one in for a test ride. I use it with my staff to teach the difference between Truthful answersand good customer service.
You are the second person who has told methey liked the service they got there, so I don't doubt it for a minute.
To be honest, if I had bought my bike from them, and paid the additional $3k they wanted over what two other dealers wanted for a 2010 ABS Vision, they may be nicer to me. BTW there's another VV rider on here who left state like I did to pick up a Vision, same as me overpriced and not particularly hungry for new business.
To each his own brother.

·
Vendor
1,410 Posts

Im glad to hear that atleast there are some dealerships out there that did not forget customer service is what is all about. Loyal customers want to know they are being treated " fairly".
Seems to be a dyeing breed for some reason.
And Keith..... Stevie Ray Vaughan is the man....

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
redpin04 said:
sounds like a place Victory HQ could learn a few things from.
Actually I'm sure they could remind a lot of businesses that the personal touch generates "customers" not just sales. Both the shops that assisted me have been eager to be helpful. I've run too many operations in my life to think one customer doesn't count.

As long as Victory stays true to their current path with a few small improvements, and the technology flows, Chesapeake would have been seeing me for upgrades, customization, my next couple of bikes,,,,,,

·
Registered
135 Posts
keithgrey said:
... if I had bought my bike from them, and paid the additional $3k they wanted over what two other dealers wanted for a 2010 ABS Vision, they may be nicer to me. ...
Well, I didn't buy my bike from Chesapeake, so maybe it's my good looks that get's the superb treatment I get! LOL No telling why you got the treatment you describe, but I'm not sure that a major purchase from any dealer automatically instills graciousness. Like I said, I bought my bike elsewhere. But to me, they've a winning attitude, superb techs and friendly attitude, so I keep going back.

Later! Vince.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vbbuilt said:
keithgrey said:
.Like I said, I bought my bike elsewhere. But to me, they've a winning attitude, superb techs and friendly attitude, so I keep going back.

Later! Vince.
LOL! Vince even my worst employee knows better than to give bad service to a 6'5" , 250lb Biker with tatoos!

I suspect you get treated fairly well just about anywhere.

Psych, I've bumped into other businesses that didn't do well with email/phone customers. I wasn't really putting them down, just saying the other two hit it out of the park for me.

Truth is if they are as busy as they seem on the phone the little guys could use the business more.

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.