VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has rode Barcelona. Any must travel roads? I have researched the web and there are a bunch but looking for a little more recommendation......

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
As in the city in Spain? If yes, you really need to have the time to learn how to ride in the traffic of the big cities in Europe. In some it appears to be total chaos but they actually move traffic extremely well. And the bike riders are in general are far superior to the average that we encounter here in NA.

If you're getting out in the country though, check these out. You indicated you looked but keep at it for some more experienced suggestions.
spain motorcycle routes - Google Search

PS: And you'll be amazed at how many bikes there are parked downtown on the road and sidewalk during a workday. Blocks and blocks of bikes jammed in so tight you can't squeeze between them. Mostly scooters and sport bikes though. I thing I saw 2 cruisers in the times I was there.

PPS: They have multi-lane traffic circles. Another thing the visitors don't know how to navigate. I think the locals just close their eyes and go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes Barcelona Spain.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As in the city in Spain? If yes, you really need to have the time to learn how to ride in the traffic of the big cities in Europe. In some it appears to be total chaos but they actually move traffic extremely well. And the bike riders are in general are far superior to the average that we encounter here in NA.

If you're getting out in the country though, check these out. You indicated you looked but keep at it for some more experienced suggestions.
spain motorcycle routes - Google Search

PS: And you'll be amazed at how many bikes there are parked downtown on the road and sidewalk during a workday. Blocks and blocks of bikes jammed in so tight you can't squeeze between them. Mostly scooters and sport bikes though. I thing I saw 2 cruisers in the times I was there.

PPS: They have multi-lane traffic circles. Another thing the visitors don't know how to navigate. I think the locals just close their eyes and go.
The plan at the moment is to head north along the coast and into France for a bit and them back down and thru some mountain areas. I appreciate the info on the traffic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Head for the Pyrennes on either the French side or Spanish side they are way different and great riding road be careful in France as from July there speed limit on the rural roads will change from 90KM to 80KM 50MPH, another nice area by the sea is the Costa Brava North of Barcelona we stayed in this hotel about 12 years ago Hotel Rosamar, Sant Antoni de Cabonge, once you get away from the main towns that are crazy to ride in there are great roads and little traffic, in the remote areas its better if you speak some Spanish the younger kids now speak a bit of English.

Andorra is not that interesting in the Summer more of a Skiing place and cheap boozes as its a duty free area.

In France there are many Roman ruins if thats your thing.

Here is a link to a trip we did in 2005 VOC Home on a group of Victorys from the UK

I will be in Northern Spain in May and Malaga in September travelling with some French friends they like going there as its cheaper than France.

I hope this helps and have a great time John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.