VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Bandit Solo Seat for my Jackpot this weekend and hada question for those that have one. Is there anything like a rubberwasher between your fender and the mounting bracket? The one I boughtwas on sale and their display one. So it didn't have the box orpacking. They offered to put it on so I let them. When I went back toget my old seat they gave me a chromed bolt that came with the new seatin addition to all my old hardware and seat. When I got home I took alook at the seat and the bolt they used to put it on was a regular, nonchrome type. I took it out to put in the chrome one, not understandingwhy they would not use it to begin with. The chrome one is about 30%longer than the other one and won't tighten down anywhere close tobeing able to hold the seat on which is why they used the shorter one.While doing this I realized that the mounting bracket is making directcontact with the fender. Is there supposed to be anything there?

Also looking around I can't figure it out but what is the differencebetween the Gunfighter seat and the Bandit seat? As far as I can tellthey are the same thing with a different name.

And the Bandit seat looks a lot better than the stock one on an 07.Hopefully I can get in a couple of rides and get some seat time on itbefore the snow flies....

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
158 Posts

I just put one on my Hammer a couple of weeks ago.
I noticed that when I took the old seat off that there were some rubber washers under the rear part of the seat. But that is on a 09 Hammer.
Where I drilled the new holes to mount, the boltfit exactly where those washers were. So I used them.
The seat is GREAT.
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.