VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there is a thread answering my question, bUT I'll ask anyways lol. Are the mounting brackets and bags of of the cross roads and or cross country a direct bolt on for my kingpin?

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
No. You will also have some pipe clearance issues depending on what you are running.

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Bassani 2 in one road rage.
I can't tell you if they will work easy or not. The issue is the KP pipes are usually high and tight to the bike so the larger deeper Cross bags need more room making you move them.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
To expand on my answer..... it can be done but it’s not a direct bolt on. A lot of guys use the Kingpin saddlebag brackets but modify them. And then I found this on Facebook on a Kingpin page. The XC stock bag brackets modified to work on a KP.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the kingpin mounting brackets and hard leather bags just not enough room. Was thinking about doing something similar to the first picture. Something to ponder on. Have to find the bags first I guess. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah that picture definitely has my blood churning. Wish I could find a nice set for cheap. And for the pipes could always cut a section out of the bag and fiberglass it to fit. Wouldn't be hard at all

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just my opinion but I do not think large bags on a Pin look right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.