VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback for a good bag to attach to the luggage rack? I am looking for a roll bag 24" Plus to place a tent etc.. I seem to be leaning with the t-bag Dakota bag but I am not sure if it will look odd due to its size.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts

I have been thinking about a bag also. Barefoot's bag looks great, but the size on Amazon is 9.9 pounds.... I tried to find the weight but.....
Definitely the first is huge and will scratch the paint! If you take to heart what the install sheet says, you should not carry anything over 5 (five) pounds on the rack. I don't necessarily believe that but definitely keep it as light as possible. These are not very big screws holding the rack down. You be da judge:)))

·
Registered
64 Posts

The bag weighs about 5 to 7 lbs and we put another 15 pounds worth of stuff in it..... Golfer goes way over.... The bag on the bottom.... That's the one we use too! Looks small in this context...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the ideas. (Barefoot) I can't believe how much stuff you got on the rack. You must have a tough time opening up the trunk. Well, I had a tough time pulling the trigger for $200 plus for a duffle bag so I Purchased a 27" Duffle from walmart for $14 and believe it or not it is a nice bag. I used two flat corded 24" bungie cords to hold it down. It is not going anywhere and looks great. I am able to put a 24" tent, Full size air matress and blow up pilllows inside. It is not meant to stay in shape without anything inside but I am only using it to get from a to b and then I take it off anyway. I will post pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.