VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a new helmet, spent many hours reviewing different full face helmets since I was going from a 3/4 to full. I read many reviews and watch the Videos on Rev****. Decided on one because of all the reviews about how quite and how much airflow this helmet gave.

$400 later I hate the helmet, it is so loud and I sweat so bad in it I have to ride with the visor cracked open to allow airflow. When I do the noise level is unbearable.

So I went on Rev****** web site (same place I bought it) and posted a informative negative review, I also honestly answered an airflow question about this helmet. Neither the answer or review are posted on their site, they took them both down. After looking, their are no reviews below 4 stars. I think they are pulling all negative reviews to sell more products. I think this is a poor business practice and will no longer be buying from them anymore.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
If you’re a verified buyer (you actually purchased the helmet from them) they should leave the review on the website unless it contains language that would be considered offensive. I would email them and ask why they review was removed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Seriously, I have bought many products from Revzilla. They let you try on the product and if you do not like it or it does not fit like you want, they let you return it at no cost to you.
You should have tried it on, taken a short ride with a thin helmet liner on, and if there were issues, like starting to sweat, head home, take it off and returned it.
They have the best return policy and customer service I have seen on the internet.
No I do not have stock in Revzilla.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're a verified buyer (you actually purchased the helmet from them) they should leave the review on the website unless it contains language that would be considered offensive. I would email them and ask why they review was removed.
I reviewed under my login and it did not contain anything that would have been considered offensive. I tried to give an informative honest review. I am very disappointed in the fact they removed my review.

Seriously, I have bought many products from Revzilla. They let you try on the product and if you do not like it or it does not fit like you want, they let you return it at no cost to you.
You should have tried it on, taken a short ride with a thin helmet liner on, and if there were issues, like starting to sweat, head home, take it off and returned it.
They have the best return policy and customer service I have seen on the internet.
No I do not have stock in Revzilla.
I agree they have a great return policy, but it would be difficult to ride with a big sticker on the visor and tags hanging off the chin strap while trying to see how you like helmet, plus it took a few days to get a good feel for the helmet. The Pizza run last weekend was just under 700 miles for me and that was when the true colors of this helmet showed up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You made a 700 mile run to get a pizza :22yikes:
I have gone 200 miles for ice cream but...........
Just kidding man, what kind of helmet did you buy?
I have always had Gmax full face helmets. I recently bough a Gmax Rogue FF-49 and like it a lot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've used Revzilla many times over the years. They have always treated me well and a return was eazy.

Once I purchased a pair of boots from them. They charged my card and sent me an email telling me the order was in-progress. I was in a bit of a hurry to receive the boots before a vacation ride.

A couple of days later I received an email from them stating the boots were out of stock even though they had already charged my card and sent me a confirmation. What the hey.....???????.............!!!

I called them and complained and explained that it the boots were out of stock, I would have ordered something else as I needed them for my ride. I told them I was bummed out over this and how could they charge my card for something not in stock?

They were so embarrassed by their mistake that they offered me a much better ($200 more) pair of boots for the same price and expedited the shipment.

I like a company that admits mistakes and that makes good on their apology.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
HJC can be tricky. I have a 3/4 HJC that I like a lot. I tried the RPHA Max and it was awful. Helmets are one of the few things that I will not buy online Too many variables. I go to the store.

Revzilla has been good to me over the years. Have not had a problem with anything they do and it surprises me that they would take down a review. I have posted many frank reviews and have not had that happen.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I just got this one.

Look at this on eBay *FREE SHIPPING* HJC RPHA Max (Silver) Modular Motorcycle Helmet | eBay

Rode the Vision up to get it. Couldn't here the bike , had to watch the tach (I rarely look at it). To quiet at first. I'm used to it now and it's now seams normal.

Helmet is silky smooth through the air, windshield down, up , naked Vegas. It doesn't matter.

I have T-COM headsets and I had to adjust the volume down . I do hear the wind passing by the unit mounted on the outside of the helmet.

I can feel a cool breeze on the top of my head. With the nose guard in place the shield clears at speed. I took it out and will have to vent the shield when stopped or stop n go .

I'm very pleased with this bucket.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never been able to get a Revzilla review to actually post and I've tried maybe 5 times. I'm pretty sure its an issue with my computer's ad-blocking/anti-virus programs not playing well with the Revzilla website.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Different brands of helmets fit different brands of heads. You can't choose a helmet by reading other people's reviews. You need to spend a day going from one dealer to the next to try them on until you find one that's as close to perfect as you can get. Then either buy it from them or on the internet. At least you'll know your model and size to order one.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Different brands of helmets fit different brands of heads. You can't choose a helmet by reading other people's reviews. You need to spend a day going from one dealer to the next to try them on until you find one that's as close to perfect as you can get. Then either buy it from them or on the internet. At least you'll know your model and size to order one.
I agree with everything in your post except I think if the dealer has spent his money to stock the helmet you like, you should buy the helmet from them. I could have saved $25 by buying on line but want to keep my dealer in business.

Reactions: arnie460

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
I agree with everything in your post except I think if the dealer has spent his money to stock the helmet you like, you should buy the helmet from them. I could have saved $25 by buying on line but want to keep my dealer in business.
Good point. It's just that I have no idea if you want to save $25 or the dealership itself!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I needed a new helmet, spent many hours reviewing different full face helmets since I was going from a 3/4 to full. I read many reviews and watch the Videos on Rev****. Decided on one because of all the reviews about how quite and how much airflow this helmet gave.

$400 later I hate the helmet, it is so loud and I sweat so bad in it I have to ride with the visor cracked open to allow airflow. When I do the noise level is unbearable.

So I went on Rev****** web site (same place I bought it) and posted a informative negative review, I also honestly answered an airflow question about this helmet. Neither the answer or review are posted on their site, they took them both down. After looking, their are no reviews below 4 stars. I think they are pulling all negative reviews to sell more products. I think this is a poor business practice and will no longer be buying from them anymore.
When you realized the helmet was no good for you even if it was a few weeks later did you contact the Rev to see if you could return it even if it was for store credit?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I remember well when I bought my Scorpion. Had never heard of them.

Tried HJC first as I had a comfortable one yrs ago. Nope.

Shoei-nope

Bell- nope

Aria- nope

Scorpion? What the hells that? 2xl. Little too snug. 3xl. Perfect. And 2nd cheapest price of the bunch. 3 yrs later its still awesome.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Oddly enough I have never tried a Bell helmet. I would love to try an SRT Modular. I have really come to love modular helmets and this n intrigues me.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
When I was shopping for helmets, I found that there are different head shapes (and helmets that accommodate them). I had a Harley helmet (I think is HJC?) and it was more of a “round” whereas I need a “long oval”. This was discovered when I went to my local helmet store and talked to the rep. Told him I got pressure on my forehead after about 30-45 mins of riding. Tried on a bunch of helmets in the store and ended up with a Nolan N-44. Did I pay a little more in store, yes? Do I regret it at all. Nope. Not once. Keeps them in business and I know they will be there to help me install comm unit, adjust my pads, or whatever else I may need.

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts

post on facebook

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.