VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, it finally happened. I've been looking to get back on 2 wheels since I sold my last bike over 3 years ago. Unfortunately due to being overseas, moving often, and other factors it just wasn't in the cards. While I would've loved to go down to the local Vic dealer and pick up my Hammer, I've decided to get something for the mean time, and I'm so happy I can barely stand it.

I picked up an immaculate '85 Honda Shadow 1100. It's black with silver, has saddlebags, and windscreen and a few other aftermarket odds and ends. The price was right and it needs nothing.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance to take them.

Finally, no longer bike-less!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats. You can't go wrong with a Shadow. They are one tough versitile machine.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome back. I'm curious about the Shadow- was looking at one for my first bike when I got back in-country. Now my wife might consider one (If I can't talk her into the XC- then I can borrow HERS)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well folks, it finally happened. I've been looking to get back on 2 wheels since I sold my last bike over 3 years ago. Unfortunately due to being overseas, moving often, and other factors it just wasn't in the cards. While I would've loved to go down to the local Vic dealer and pick up my Hammer, I've decided to get something for the mean time, and I'm so happy I can barely stand it.

I picked up an immaculate '85 Honda Shadow 1100. It's black with silver, has saddlebags, and windscreen and a few other aftermarket odds and ends. The price was right and it needs nothing.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance to take them.

Finally, no longer bike-less!!!
Nice ride, Congrats !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh, O.K. I guess I missed a previous post on the topic. Regrettably, I had been stranded on an Island in the Indian Ocean at the time of the previous post. I had been distracted at the time, (indeed the entire year), by several buxom ladies who demanded that I drink and party with them. Accordingly, calendar-year 2009 was one of my bleak years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.