VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One advantage of having a Ducati Monster S4 (I do miss that bike) is that it's a light, narrow bike.
It was February in Wisconsin and I was sick of winter. I wanted to work on the bike BUT it was too cold outside to work on it, so I brought it in the kitchen. I changed the rear sprocket and I remember sitting in a kitchen chair waxing the bikewhile watching the Daytona 500.
The Kingpin is to big to bring in the house.
It's going to be a long winter.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts

I interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement:

Not to rub it in...but I played Golf today and it's still hot here in the Tropics. (Yeah, had a few good shots today...the others, I've already forgotten!).

But riding season starts next week as the Summer humidity is just starting to dissipate.

Before you give me any grief, just remember that when the majority of the country is riding, we're dodging tropical downpours, high humidity and those pesky occasional hurricanes.

So, when it cold and snowy in the rest of the country, there is a Gadget that will add some quality to your life...A Bike Trailer. Yes, there are times when towing a bike is acceptable. When it's too cold or possibly dangerous to ride in the colder regions, towing your bike to a warmer climate IS acceptable!

So head down to Florida...Tourism is our #1 Industry!

And bring your Bike!

The preceding was a Pubic Service Announcement for those of us in the Sunshine State!

Now back to the program already in progress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,128 Posts
I always laugh when I hear Florida called the Sunshine state. I think you guys get morerainthan Portland or Seattle, but you just happen to get it45 seconds at a time......strange weather you folks deal with down there. Stilll, I would gladly trade our deep freeze for your rain and humidity.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts
phoenix9 said:
I always laugh when I hear Florida called the Sunshine state. I think you guys get morerainthan Portland or Seattle, but you just happen to get it45 seconds at a time......strange weather you folks deal with down there. Stilll, I would gladly trade our deep freeze for your rain and humidity.
Yes, but November through May is our DRY season!

And yes, we make up for it during the Summer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

jerrythekingpin said:
nacy must be very understanding my wife would kill me if i brought the bike in the house !!
She didn't care because she didn't know.
My wife was hit by a car while walking in a cross walk at the time and was in the hospital for 3 months.
I went to visit her and she says "they're going to let me go home this weekend".
So I told her "I better put theDucati back in the garage".
The woman in her room looked shocked. My wife started shaking her head and says "I know he's not kidding".
I moved the bike back into the garage before she got home but she did enjoy the pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts

Rollin - I love it!! In high School I had a buddy that was really into MX. He would tear his motor down & wash the eng. parts in his Mom's dishwasher! I told him he had a special Mom. You have a special wife Rollin.

Andy -
I was in Tampa, Florida in May for a 5 day conference - it rained the whole time (with small segments of "dry.")
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
When i was in High school my mom came home from work early to find me working on my Suzuki RM125 In her finished basement.
She just shook her head and said as long as its outta here by the weekend.
Then she looked at the bike and then the walls going down the stairs from the living room and seeing no marks said to me , i dont know how ya did it but dont leave any marks on the way up either. God i miss her ! She was a great lady.

And she didnt get mad when i did mark the walls on the way up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
Clubford00 said:
When i was in High school my mom came home from work early to find me working on my Suzuki RM125 In her finished basement.
She just shook her head and said as long as its outta here by the weekend.
Then she looked at the bike and then the walls going down the stairs from the living room and seeing no marks said to me , i dont know how ya did it but dont leave any marks on the way up either. God i miss her ! She was a great lady.

And she didnt get mad when i did mark the walls on the way up.
Club-dawg, your new nickname is "Houdini." I am baffled how you got that MX bike downstairs without leaving a trail of destruction on the drywall. Being as careful as I could - it would have looked storm troopers raided the house after I tried a move like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Going down really wasnt hard, Now going back up was a beeotch
(by myself no less)

Did i mention the part where i stripped it down to frame then painted the frame Yellow to match the bike?
Poly Urethane. Smell wasnt to bad.
Thats my story and im sticken to it !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Going down really wasnt hard, Now going back up was a beeotch
(by myself no less)

Did i mention the part where i stripped it down to frame then painted the frame Yellow to match the bike?
Poly Urethane. Smell wasnt to bad.
Thats my story and im sticken to it !
Great story Houdini-Club-Dawg. That was a major undertaking for a young man. Any left over nuts or bolts? LOL!!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top