Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Thanks, ordered front and rear :icon_thumleft:

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Which one of the radials are you guys running on the X bikes?
AVON COBRA....LOVE them :icon_thumleft:...will get for VEGAS to when needed

Reactions: Ampdreamer

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yep, I ordered a new rear tire from them for my Vision a couple of days ago when I noticed it was a bit more squirrelly than usual goin’ over some tar snakes last week and after closer inspection the left sides gone on my E3 after 11,000 miles & that’s about my usual life span on rear tires. Got a new belt & wheel bearings to put in while she’s up in the air this week.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yep, I ordered a new rear tire from them for my Vision a couple of days ago when I noticed it was a bit more squirrelly than usual goin' over some tar snakes last week and after closer inspection the left sides gone on my E3 after 11,000 miles & that's about my usual life span on rear tires. Got a new belt & wheel bearings to put in while she's up in the air this week.
At what millage should we be replacing the bearings?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I’m putting on a new belt at 64,000 miles & I do wheel bearings every other tire change. There’s no set interval for replacing wheel bearings, they need to be inspected every time the wheel’s off & then it’s a judgment call-they’re inexpensive & I’m a firm believer in preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm putting on a new belt at 64,000 miles & I do wheel bearings every other tire change. There's no set interval for replacing wheel bearings, they need to be inspected every time the wheel's off & then it's a judgment call-they're inexpensive & I'm a firm believer in preventive maintenance.
Do you have the brand and part numbers?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
6304 2RS bearings are what your looking for-lots of brands out there & almost impossible to buy any that aren't made in china. I'm using SKF ones off my parts shelf. My tire's tracking number tells me it will be here today & it snowed last night so it should be a good day to be in the garage.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
they don't make radial front for magnums 21" gotta rum bias front and rear on Magnums in order to match up
...or run Dunlop's if you want radial.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
...or run Dunlop's if you want radial.
To sqwirly for me ride hard noisey and suck in the rain that's why I jumped to Avon but don't think im gonna get but about 9 to 10 g out of them. I,ll sacrifice the milage for grip and ride tho. gonna run 1 more set and may try the commander 2 next will see.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
To sqwirly for me ride hard noisey and suck in the rain that's why I jumped to Avon but don't think im gonna get but about 9 to 10 g out of them. I,ll sacrifice the milage for grip and ride tho. gonna run 1 more set and may try the commander 2 next will see.
No solution from Dunlop on wet traction for the front tire yet, but the E4's for the rear have a lot better wet traction than the E3's!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.