VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a bluetooth amp with help from you all. Thanks! Now, my 12V auxiliary plug on the dash will not work. Ground is good, but no power is getting to the plug. Does anybody know where the fuse is to that thing? Figure that might be the problem.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I just installed a bluetooth amp with help from you all. Thanks! Now, my 12V auxiliary plug on the dash will not work. Ground is good, but no power is getting to the plug. Does anybody know where the fuse is to that thing? Figure that might be the problem.
This is a pic of the right (throttle) side, with the side cover removed. (Disregard that air hose in the pic.) You see that blue piece, in the center of the pic? That, as I recall -- I don't have a Vic anymore -- is where the fuse for the dash socket is.

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is a pic of the right (throttle) side, with the side cover removed. (Disregard that air hose in the pic.) You see that blue piece, in the center of the pic? That, as I recall -- I don't have a Vic anymore -- is where the fuse for the dash socket is.

Where did you get that valve stem extender? I have a hose extension already and would like to add a 90 degree extender that will fit under the side cover like this

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Where did you get that valve stem extender? I have a hose extension already and would like to add a 90 degree extender that will fit under the side cover like this
Well, bear with me, and I'll cover a few things, just for completeness.

1) That 10" extension hose is from Stop & Go.

I last ordered one four years ago but, alas, it is no longer available. A very similar product from them is this one:

10 Inch Mini-Air Compressor Air Hose Extension with Quick Release

They used to carry that one AND the screw on kind. Some people prefer clip-ons, like the one above, but I'm not one of them. I had four or five of them, gave one to my brother, another to a friend, kept a couple, etc.

If the clip-on, instead of screw on, attachment to the bike's valve doesn't bother you, then it's otherwise useful. (And I'm really disappointed to discover -- just now, getting the link -- that they stopped selling the screw-on model.) If you want a screw-on, Amazon has a bunch of them, some too short, some with really bad reviews, and a few with good reviews and plenty long, e.g.:

Amazon.com: Accu-gage - Chek A Spare, Valve Extender: Automotive

I've found, in owning baggers for almost two decades, that it's MUCH easier to add air to a rear tire with an extension like that, and it also helps for some hard-to-get-at valves even on front tires. You screw on the extension, and then attach your pump to the end of the extension. Thus, you only have to get down on the ground for one connection (and one disconnection), and then you can add air, and maybe check with a separate accurate gauge, and then maybe add some more air, etc., while sitting on your favorite shop stool. That's me, anyway.

2) I really don't remember where I got that right-angle valve extender, but ...

Stop & Go sells one: 90 Degree Valve Extension

Sound Rider has one: 90 Degree Valve Stem Extension for Tubed Tires

Amazon has a bunch: do a search there for right-angle schrader valve extension and you'll see a dozen or so.

3) Shock-Valve No-Cover-Removal Write-Up

I must have taken that pic, the one that showed the location of the fuse, in the early stage of my project of relocating the shock fill point. I recall that the side cover will NOT fit back on if you use that sort of right-angle gizmo.

Instead, I have a complete write-up -- links, pics, instructions, discussion -- of relocating the fill point. That write-up is here:

Adding an External Schrader Valve for the Air Shock on a Victory Cross Country Motorcycle

What you do is slightly reposition the original Schrader valve -- unbolt it, actually -- and then add your extension.

I added a new Schrader valve through the side cover. (I also added a Powerlet socket through the side cover on the other side, for that matter.) Now, before most everyone gets freaked out, no, you don't have to drill through the side cover. That article also has links to a couple of threads on another Victory forum. In those threads, you can read how a bunch of folks didn't quite go that far -- no drilling involved -- but did relocate the fill point under the tank, some on the left side of the bike and some on the right. I think those discussions are what you're looking for, so read through my write-up at least to the point at which I show some links, about a quarter of the way through (and join the other forum -- free, like this one -- if you're not already a member, so you can see the thread pics).

And if anyone reading this is wondering what all the fuss is about, regarding adding air to the shock sometime, if ever: as I note in the article, some of us (well, before I sold my XCT) like to adjust the air for two-up vs. solo riding, twisties (better handling AND ground clearance with more air) vs. superslab comfort, and so forth. On top of that, for those who have XRs or XCs, note that the XCT has bag guards and passenger mini-board mounts about an inch away from the side cover, making removing the cover without scratching or banging it a real hassle. Last, the more you mess with side covers, the more you wear out the grommets, or risk not putting all three barbs back in their proper places, either of which means that you risk having a side cover sail down the highway someday.

That covers the topic, right?

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
960 Posts
It does! Very thorough. Thank you sir! Yeah aside from the air hose relocation I'm getting damn tired of that rear tire access to add air. Def will be getting one for the rear on my next amazon shopping trip

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Which is "C" in above photo I sent from manual for these bikes
Regards

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Which is "C" in above photo I sent from manual for these bikes
Regards
Your pic in your post #2 in this thread doesn't show up for me. It just has the start of an image tag, but
no end image tag. That is, it looks as if you meant to post a pic of some sort, but that part of your post got messed up somehow. like this:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
wspollack, not sure why but it shows up in my post
Regards
The link for the image in your post (#2, above) is this (I've taken out the "https://" in the front of it, and replaced some of it with ..., for future privacy concerns and because I don't want to post email addresses in forums -- for anti-spam purposes, in case you edit your post later):

outlook.live.com/owa/[email protected]/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentDownloadToken?redirect=%2fowa%2fmike...%40outlook.com%2fservice.svc%2fs%2fGetAttachmentThumbnail%3fid%3dAQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS1lODRlLTQ5YzEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADlOPBN5r3hESPF%252bK3lhRJvgcAm17ghzZUTE%252b2AlMnzjH9xAAAAgEJAAAAm17ghzZUTE%252b2AlMnzjH9xAACQ1cWOAAAAAESABAAfrEjrWfuDEGFldMeDGjiRA%253d%253d%26thumbnailType%3d2%26owa%3doutlook.live.com%26scriptVer%3d20180917.04%26isc%3d1%26X-OWA-CANARY%3d-9TBYRCXbEGR4TZyn_ft1mCYE0znINYYOJYkQawqUIa405iDFyYlszgiJzJO-3g0t9VOvwCrPgI.%26animation%3dtrue

Do a right-click, and then Copy Image Location (or something similar, depending on your browser) to see what I'm talking about, regarding that link.

So, it looks to me that seeing your picture requires that you be logged in to your Outlook account, but the rest of us who read your post don't see the image. What I would suggest is that you use the UPLOAD A FILE button on the bottom right of the box where you post replies, and then select the photo in question (or use the "Image" icon on the top, if the image is already present on the web somewhere).

If I'm correct here, no one else can see the image in post #2, and that's why the OP wrote (post #3), "What do you mean by see 'C'?."

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
OK tried uploading so should be able to see now,
Regards
Yep, your new & improved post #2 works fine now. And yep, that part C in the diagram is the same as the blue shown in the pic in my post #5. Nice work.

Reactions: Sutherland
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.