1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No, it's an 1/8" stereo plug that goes into your headphone/output jack

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I wasn't aware that there was a 1/8" stereo plug connection. Mine had a plug under the seat where another harness plugged in and ran to the right side saddlebag where it had an iPod connection.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Oh sorry, mine came with the 1/8" and I put in the 30 pin Ipod connection. You can put a 30 pin to Lighting adapter for your Iphone I think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. iPhone7 does not have a earphone receptacle. Is here any year that Victory initiated bluetooth connectivity? Maybe get a used radio someone may have upgraded and no longer needs?

Open to negotiations.

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
On my 13 I plugged a Bluetooth receiver into the Aux cable. I paired it to my phone and stream Pandora constantly. To control my tracks I bought this Bluetooth remote that had worked really well.

It comes with a coup on mount to hold it in your bars. Slides on and if easily.

Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more Amazon.com: Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

You can't not control tracks through a Aux cable for any device.

Bluetooth receivers need a power source. Some have a built in battery and others need a constant source. The one on my 13 needs constant power but that is easy on a Vision as I have a plug in the same box as my Aux cable.

If you were able to find a iPod connection you can swap it with the Aux cable and go this route. They're hard to find though.

On my 08 I have the 30pin plug. For that one I bought a Coolstream receiver that gets it's power from the plug itself making things a bit easier. Coolstream has a base model and a Pro model. I have the base model so I can't control tracks through my bikes controls. The Pro allows this.

This is the Pro, it's $80. The regular one is $30.

Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Electronics

Reactions: EnV and BoilerMan

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I used the Carpro for BMW but ya they work fine.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Get a mini phone jack to genuine Apple lightning patch cord in your saddlebag. I suggest not a cheap Chinese knockoff as it won't be able to operate the forward and back controls from the handlebar switch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On my 13 I plugged a Bluetooth receiver into the Aux cable. I paired it to my phone and stream Pandora constantly. To control my tracks I bought this Bluetooth remote that had worked really well.

It comes with a coup on mount to hold it in your bars. Slides on and if easily.

Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more Amazon.com: Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

You can't not control tracks through a Aux cable for any device.

Bluetooth receivers need a power source. Some have a built in battery and others need a constant source. The one on my 13 needs constant power but that is easy on a Vision as I have a plug in the same box as my Aux cable.

If you were able to find a iPod connection you can swap it with the Aux cable and go this route. They're hard to find though.

On my 08 I have the 30pin plug. For that one I bought a Coolstream receiver that gets it's power from the plug itself making things a bit easier. Coolstream has a base model and a Pro model. I have the base model so I can't control tracks through my bikes controls. The Pro allows this.

This is the Pro, it's $80. The regular one is $30.

Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Electronics
Much THANKS!!

How do you power the SATECHI, How does the data get to the radio??

Is there a 13 pin plug in the fairing for the 2011 XC? That would be an easy fix. I guess he AUX connectivity is not really understandable via the manual.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Much THANKS!!

How do you power the SATECHI, How does the data get to the radio??

Is there a 13 pin plug in the fairing for the 2011 XC? That would be an easy fix. I guess he AUX connectivity is not really understandable via the manual.
The remote doesn't actually connect to the bikes stereo. It is connected to the phone by Bluetooth. Since you're streaming the music from the phone when the remote tells the phone to do something it simply streams the results as it should.

XC bikes can have a Aux or iPod cable. Will be in the right saddlebag.

XCT can have one in the lower left fairing I believe unless the ones I've seen there were added by the owner.

Reactions: EnV

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The remote doesn't actually connect to the bikes stereo. It is connected to the phone by Bluetooth. Since you're streaming the music from the phone when the remote tells the phone to do something it simply streams the results as it should.

XC bikes can have a Aux or iPod cable. Will be in the right saddlebag.

XCT can have one in the lower left fairing I believe unless the ones I've seen there were added by the owner.
There was no XCT in 2010 and 2011.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, NO cords or wires in right saddlebag. Did have a power access added there tho.

Answer has to be under the fairing cause there IS an AUX function on the radio. Other than the sound issue, Still have to empty my diaper after a great ride. Weather HAS been cooperating lately.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In the fairing are two plugs for the aux. If you use the 1/8" plug you connect only one, but if you use the 30 pin ipod cable you use both. If you use the 1/8" plug you'll only be able to control volume. With a 30 pin ipod cable you can control the ipod.
When I got my 2011 XC it had the 1/8" aux plug (Part# 2877196) coming out to the handlebars. I ran it into my windshield bag and connected to my ipod. Later I bought the ipod cable (Part #: 2877738) and do the same thing. On the Iphone 7 and greater I don't think you can use an adapter to 30 pin.
As stated above you can get a bluetooth reciever and plug it into a 12vdc USB adapter and then plug the 1/8" plug into it.
Amazon.com: QOFOWIN USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter Wireless Audio Adapter Car Kit Music Receiver Bluetooth Car Adapter Home/Car Stereo Sound System, Portable Speskers, Headphone, Car(Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable(bl): Cell Phones & Accessories

If you want to run the aux into your saddlebag there is another kit. Victory OEM Audio Extension Cord 2877197
Cable Composite material Event Wire Auto part
Automotive lighting Gadget Audio equipment Font Cable

Reactions: EnV

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the fairing are two plugs for the aux. If you use the 1/8" plug you connect only one, but if you use the 30 pin ipod cable you use both. If you use the 1/8" plug you'll only be able to control volume. With a 30 pin ipod cable you can control the ipod.
When I got my 2011 XC it had the 1/8" aux plug (Part# 2877196) coming out to the handlebars. I ran it into my windshield bag and connected to my ipod. Later I bought the ipod cable (Part #: 2877738) and do the same thing. On the Iphone 7 and greater I don't think you can use an adapter to 30 pin.
As stated above you can get a bluetooth reciever and plug it into a 12vdc USB adapter and then plug the 1/8" plug into it.
Amazon.com: QOFOWIN USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter Wireless Audio Adapter Car Kit Music Receiver Bluetooth Car Adapter Home/Car Stereo Sound System, Portable Speskers, Headphone, Car(Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable(bl): Cell Phones & Accessories

If you want to run the aux into your saddlebag there is another kit. Victory OEM Audio Extension Cord 2877197
View attachment 447073 View attachment 447081

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man THANKS for the assist. I feel like a complete ASS, cause I moves some wires and finally found the AUX input. Previous owner customized bike with 14" apes, and controls virtually covered the AUX input.

SORRY.

"Does this shade of mud on my face make me look fat?"

AGAIN THANKS!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Doesn’t the iPod cable sit in the left saddlebag?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.