VOG Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Had my Vision up to 100 once....stupid GPS said 99.9....I was robbed...ROBBED I TELL YOU.....And it seemed to be saying....what, that's all you want .... ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey now,
First time posting. Went through the forum search and this seems to be the best fitting post. I don't mean to highjack but I didn't want to start a fresh post on something that already discussed.
Anyway, just came back from my first long road trip on My '10 Vegas with 100/5 motor. Bought it last September with about 2550 miles on it. Left July 2 with 6048 and a fresh oil/filter change. Did 1550miles from Philly/ Stratton, VT/ Bar Harbor, ME/ Pike Co, Pa and then back home over five days. After leaving Vermont I noticed a wobble only when decelerating via engine breaking but only when I let go of the handlebars to shake out my hands. That was about 400+ miles into the trip. Flash forward to today, 1550 miles later, I now have a decent wobble more than not with a loose grip and over a variety of speeds and rpm's. Tire pressure is good and all bolts tight without knowing the axel torque because I don't have an allen key that large. After reading the earlier posts I'm guessing its the steering bearings. IDK. IM going to keep searching and see what else pops up. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'll get some pics up soon in the other thread.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Is the tire properly set on the bead ? I had that once with installing 160 upfront of my jackpot, there is a line on the tire that you can check with the rim ....

Also just put some stainless steel beads 2 OnZ in it ...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
tyre choice as well as mounting + pressure can cause issues. when i removed my OE dunrocks not worn out for pirelli night dragons there was a big improverment overall, but there was no issues before except a harder ride + less handling confidence. my 11 thou mile 2013 hammer that is for sale handles great + without trying i get a ton quickly going up local mountains in the past. i ride it only a little as i am know 74 YO, healthy but more comfortable on my smaller lighter 2018 Triumph T120!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The tires are good with proper pressure. They are the Dunlops but the bead is good. My girlfriends friend, the lead mechanic at a Harley shop said told her exactly what I wrote here without her telling him.
He said probably bearings or loose nut in the triple tree and that its usually worse during decel which hit the nail on the head. I'll check it tomorrow and keep you guys posted. I'll also get that manual downloaded

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The tires are good with proper pressure. They are the Dunlops but the bead is good. My girlfriends friend, the lead mechanic at a Harley shop said told her exactly what I wrote here without her telling him.
He said probably bearings or loose nut in the triple tree and that its usually worse during decel which hit the nail on the head. I'll check it tomorrow and keep you guys posted. I'll also get that manual downloaded
The loose nut behind the bars can sometimes be an issue.
Says the voice of experience.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The old ton should be a walk in the park....somethings wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OEM tires. I know they're twelves years old but there is zero dry rot. Again, they're in good condition. Tires are on the list of things to purchase ahead of pipes and air filter and all the other cliche' cool guy mods.
I pulled the rubber plug under the triple tree out and following was rusting water. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts its the bearings.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
You may know what you're doing, I wouldn't assume you don't, but 12 year old tires are no good. Dry rot isn't the issue, and you won't see the problem with them, but there's a problem. They get hard. I'm surprised that you have any traction. Be extremely cautious in the rain.

• Agree
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
@MagVic CCT ...is dry rot cause of wrinkles...what about if not hard...suggestions please:angel4:

• Haha
Reactions: normthenomad

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
61 - 80 of 97 Posts