VOG Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
This is a very good read, informative. Never ran into this issue but agree with possible steering head bearings. In the 1st video, u see that the front is wobbling and the rear is just following the front. Though the rear axle needs to be addressed and put in properly then adjust the tire and belt alignment. Please let us know what u find

·
Registered
693 Posts
Victory put bearings in the swingarm ?
Yep. Gotta keep them moving smoothly somehow! I was actually referring to the Magna though. I'm thinking about doing the swingarm bearings as the bike now has 40K (32 of which I put on myself over the last 6 years) and is now 22 years old. I'm pretty sure the bearings currently in it are stock since the steering stem bearings were.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
older age + pressure washers can take their toll, good luck getting it sorted!!! not a speed demon for sure but an easy twist + my ham sees the ton up a local mountain smoothly!!! i am a fan of radial tyres + replaced outdated bias tyres on several bikes without issue!!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
This may have nothing to do with it but it's an interesting watch.

That was cool.
Was on a ride one day and a guy on a bike coming towards me at a high rate of speed starts the high speed wobble. His legs were off the pegs and flopping around like a rag doll. I thought he was going to take me out as he went by.
Watching in the mirror I noticed he got it slowed down. But I bet he went home to change his underwear....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Let me start by saying that I'm not a thrill seeker nor speed demon by nature.

I was out recently on my 05 kingpin.
The tires are new, and were mounted and balanced by the Victory dealer.
The front is a Bridgestone G851, pressured to recommendation of 36psi.

I was on a two lane in the middle of BFE, no one around, and decided to ramp things up a bit thinking I might see what 100 on a bike is like, having never done it before.

Just as I was crossing into 90mph, the bike began to wobble or shimmy, so I slowly backed out of it.

I have the OEM windshield, and no lowers.

Was it turbulence, the wheel, the nature of the bike, or was it me?

Thanks.
Joe

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
100 mph is cruising ..... can hit that in 3rd gear in 660 feet.

Try 155 mph....... that's a good time.

;)

Peter

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
When I bought my 2016 VEGAS 8-BALL, I rode day of purchase and day after 450+ miles. The 3rd day took up, I was in Lakeland, FL, to KEVINX, and said "MAKE IT RUN", I'll be back in 3 weeks. When I picked it up he said a slight problem, when on dyno speedo broke on a RUN UP, well above 120mph. He had one, but was 10mph off, and put that on, a week later he sent me a new one. He said maybe don't go that fast. :rofl3:

Now, the story of speed. My buddy that rides a Heritage Classic HD, over the winter, put cams and big bore in it, hoping to finally beat my CC 8-BALL. On our first ride of the season I showed up on my VEGAS, he didn't know I bought, even though when I bought the CC, I told him someday would have it's "SON".:angel4: When we got on freeway I knew he was going to nail it, I saw him roll wrist forwards, so can open up all the way. I stayed right along side all the way to 5th, he was peeked @120mph. I looked at him, with a BIG TEETH showing smile:biggrin:, as I was just over half throttle, and TWISTED it to 138mph, YES, over what KEVINX said, held it there till friend disappeared, and, well, even with all things very stable and smooth, I let off to cruise at 110mph, till he FINALLY caught up.:crackup:
NOTE: Speeds I mentioned were on bike's speedo, not GPS, wasn't installed yet. Needless to say, he was bummed:crackup:
NOTE 2: Hasn't been past 105mph since, but have cruised many miles at 90+, LOVE my Bat Wing fairing:dance:
NOTE 3: His HD NEVER beat my CC 8-BALL and now my 2016 CCT:icon_thumleft: (I HAVE to admit, he said just turned 180,000 miles on it...he's a good mechanic, BUT said no more improvements on it, just wants to see how many miles he can put on it now) :oilleak:

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Noe tells me that he rev limited my bike to 130 in O.D because he felt like the CCT platform (with all it's wind drag implements) might not be a stable enough platform for anything above that. I'm good. Don't mind that I can't go above 130. Do like how quickly and effortlesslly I can get to 120 and it's still climbing. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
100 mph is cruising ..... can hit that in 3rd gear in 660 feet.

Try 155 mph....... that's a good time.
Your bikes like a mirage, you think you see something coming but it's going way too fast to be real until you feel the concussion on your body, a blur racing by with laughter and sounds of exhaust. Seriously man do wear depends or just take 3 extra pair of underwear when riding that thing. Stupid fast is a gross understatement & I want a turn on it

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Your bikes like a mirage, you think you see something coming but it's going way too fast to be real until you feel the concussion on your body, a blur racing by with laughter and sounds of exhaust. Seriously man do wear depends or just take 3 extra pair of underwear when riding that thing. Stupid fast is a gross understatement & I want a turn on it
I have diapers leftover from my father you can have, for your ride on Peter's Hammer.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What's underwear?
Does it go in my gas tank like a sock?
What's 90 year old pussy smell like? ................................um, depends

41 - 60 of 97 Posts