VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to chime in on the Atom bomb exhausts. I installed them yesterday and took the bike out for a ride this afternoon and they're great! NO POPPING. Honest!!
There is a noticeable difference in sound but only when in motion. At idle it's really nice. Overall, I think these pipes are a step up compared to the S1L1's but it's not obnoxiously (Harely) loud. These pipes are well worth it. IMHO.
I can't really say I've gained anything in Horsepower because the motor performed the same. (maybe alittle but I couldn't tell) I'm sure there would be ways to find out for sure, but the only noticeable difference was in the rumble.
The videos on youtube do not give these pipes justice. They are WAY better.
$200.00 + $60.00 shipping. Sooo worth it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
davelau said:
I just want to chime in on the Atom bomb exhausts. I installed them yesterday and took the bike out for a ride this afternoon and they're great! NO POPPING. Honest!!
There is a noticeable difference in sound but only when in motion. At idle it's really nice. Overall, I think these pipes are a step up compared to the S1L1's but it's not obnoxiously (Harely) loud. These pipes are well worth it. IMHO.
I can't really say I've gained anything in Horsepower because the motor performed the same. (maybe alittle but I couldn't tell) I'm sure there would be ways to find out for sure, but the only noticeable difference was in the rumble.
The videos on youtube do not give these pipes justice. They are WAY better.
$200.00 + $60.00 shipping. Sooo worth it.
What bike did you mount these on?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Don-
The dealer changed the airbox and did the remap. Since the change to the A bombs, she still idles right at the same point as the S1L1's. There is a slight change or increase in power, but most noticeable is the sound. It's just right. Very similar to my Bassani's that were on my Ultra. However, these have a much more aggressive sound. And honestly, no popping.
Dave

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It's a mystery. These are just stock mufflers that were re-cored and also used a ceramic coating, whatever that means. ( I assume internally)
Other than that, they look stock.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I think Bob used his most wide open baffle (if that's a correct term?) Or the loudest one. 2 1/2 inches I think.
Yep, it was originally remapped with the S1L1's. I just changed out the mufflers.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Dave I'm thinking we should start a new Vog group." Ness Visions of the World."
The purpose would be to identify the locations of these bikes and asses their true numbers as it appears more dealers are trying to get the 09s off their floors to make room for the 2010.
1. We will have no meetings, group rides, meet and greets or the like.

2. We will never install heated grips, seats or spinnaker size windshields.
3. We will not install back bags or luggage racks.
4. We will endeavour to see that no two Ness Visions are ever parked within sight of each other. So as to maintain their uniqueness and bling factor.
5. We shall never mar, cover up or disfigure the Ness graphics no matter how many people say the color scheme is gay.
6. Our credo will be "Go Ness or go Home"

Oh yeah and we'll all use Amsoil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.