VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my bike running with that timing wheel, all is well! Question, does the 2013 Vegas 8ball have 18mm x 1.5 bung on it?

I want to purchase an AT-300 because a friend told me he heard some light pinging in lower rpms, 2k-2.5. Dyno would be best, to be sure, but I'm planning on potentially moving in less than a month from the PNW to Texas for a promotion (fingers crossed) and figured the elevation gain and temperature changes would be enough to throw off any tune I got in the PNW.

Will the sensors from the AT-300 screw right in? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hey guys, got my bike running with that timing wheel, all is well! Question, does the 2013 Vegas 8ball have 18mm x 1.5 bung on it?

I want to purchase an AT-300 because a friend told me he heard some light pinging in lower rpms, 2k-2.5. Dyno would be best, to be sure, but I'm planning on potentially moving in less than a month from the PNW to Texas for a promotion (fingers crossed) and figured the elevation gain and temperature changes would be enough to throw off any tune I got in the PNW.

Will the sensors from the AT-300 screw right in? Thanks!
I'm running at-300 on my 2012 kp, I don't believe the bungs are differentthan yours....
You are running a power commander 5 right??

if your at +4 on timing wheel and bolts are torqued properly, and your using hopefully 91 or better octane,. If all this is true turn it down 1..

The timing wheel shouldnt be futzing with your fueling, either the timing is way up and need to back it down, or just a hot time... Last year I actually pulled out all the timing, was running iridium plugs, and weather was hot, had some pinking I didn't like, adding fuel didn't help.... I'm back to cold plugs, +5 my primary got extra hot, +4 working great.

I wouldn't run between 2k and 2500, except in first...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I've got a pcv as well as the timing wheel, ram air, pipes. They've popped and sputtered since I've had them, and I've been chasing a smoother bike for what feels like ever now. I had it at +4, backed it off to +2, had one heat related issue in some unseasonable heat. Figure the auto tune will help smooth out the canned map from dyno jets site.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I've got a pcv as well as the timing wheel, ram air, pipes. They've popped and sputtered since I've had them, and I've been chasing a smoother bike for what feels like ever now. I had it at +4, backed it off to +2, had one heat related issue in some unseasonable heat. Figure the auto tune will help smooth out the canned map from dyno jets site.
Ahhh, yea a tune will definitely help... The autotune works great, just gotta make sure you set your tables the way you want it and run it for a bit...
I've actually gone as far as per gear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the input! I'm going to pick up the auto tuner and add that to my bike, then when I get to where I'm going to end up, get it tuned and a professional tune work in tandem.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Thanks again for the input! I'm going to pick up the auto tuner and add that to my bike, then when I get to where I'm going to end up, get it tuned and a professional tune work in tandem.
There will be no reason for a protune, except for the timing, that's a bit too much money for someone to twist a gear...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.