VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

It is wintertime in the north, so time to start looking at some projects and upgrades while the bike and I are stuck inside for a few months.

One "must do" task will be a new rear shock ..... the bag is blown in mine and I am not a fan of replacing with another factory unit that will likely do the same. I was considering the Penske coil shock until I came across this

2010-2017 Victory Baggers & Touring Ultimate Ride Kit (Black Handlebar Inflation Switch) - Victory® - Suspensions

Anyone out there have this system installed? I like the Fox / Goodyear combo as they are both reputable names in the suspension business; the lifetime guarantee helps too.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Ride safe to those who still are!

Mike

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I talked with a guy that didn't want to add air tanks, so he used his crash bar tubes as air reservoirs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 390449 this is a stock air shock. If you don't know it there is no air bag in it. You can rebuild it if you want what fails is the seal
You wouldn't happen to know a source / part number for the seal would you? I am sure a lot of people, myself included, would appreciate it.

I checked some of the parts lists online but can only find reference the the shock assembly itself, not individual components.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Vic baggers kit is $1200. What’s the Penske mod cost.

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
I have the Penske shock in my XC, very happy with it, works as advertised.

IMHO you can't compare the Penske with an air ride system. The air ride is more for a big wheel bike. Drop the rear....Drop the front...down on a center stand or a lay frame. The cost is almost triple too...rear air ride 1200, front 1000 center stand 300, so your in 2500 or so in just parts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have not done it to mine, BUT in the past have modified some of my bikes and the wife's with aftermarket suspension specialty company's replacement units. The best results I had was with Progressive Suspension. They were great people. They asked questions like : how do you ride, weight of operator, etc. Once you gave what info they needed they made a replacement for the bike to fit your needs. They even did our - at the time odd Triumph's. Whether they do for Victory's or not you would just call and ask.Just a thought Jerry

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would personally not have a shock that relied solely on an air spring for ride height. If it all leaks out of the system your sitting on the bump stops and SOL. The stock set up with the air preload and coil spring will get you home if the air portion springs a leak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.