VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Jackpot with the Victory Stage 1 swept pipes and have been considering a new intake. I have seen many posts regarding the S&S and how great it is but found a good deal on an Arlen Ness V-5153 Big Sucker intake. Does anyone have some good input on the Ness intake? There is a substantial price difference between the two and if I can get similar performance out of the Ness then why not save the cash. Also, I noticed that the S&S intake comes with a calibration card which the Ness does not, will I have any issues without the recalibration card? Any input on the Ness intake would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
kevinx01 said:
With the Ness intake you will NEED some type of fuel controler, and that itself costs more then the difference between the two.
Copy that - some sage advice. You will not save money going with the Ness - by the time you buy & install the fuel controlling device.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I keep getting conflicting input on this. Dealers say I should have no problem with my stage 1 and "MAY" need a fuel controller. So I called Arlen Ness and again they said I should have no problems but may need to re-flash. Sounds like if I am going to do it, just go with S&S and save myself the headache.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nauiscuba said:
Thanks for the input. I keep getting conflicting input on this. Dealers say I should have no problem with my stage 1 and "MAY" need a fuel controller. So I called Arlen Ness and again they said I should have no problems but may need to re-flash. Sounds like if I am going to do it, just go with S&S and save myself the headache.
Those dealers are prolly not real sharp on performance mods, or they would know that the drastic change to the dynamics of the enginge will leave stock[stage] programing in the trash. Since the bike drops into open loop when you spank it; the o2 is no longer correcting anything. Leaving you with a lean condition across the top

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.