VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is worth the money. It rides sooo much better than the stock seat and gives you some back support and it is wider. I just purchased one for my Vegas and rode on it about three times and then traded the Vegas for a Cross Country. With that being said, I kept the seat but it will not work on the new bike so I would sell it to you for $250.00. It is the solo seat that fits the Vegas and Kingpinand you can add the rear seat and sissy bar later. If you are interested, just let me know. Walt

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
won't say it's the best money you'll ever spend but you will appreciate it on those longer days.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Cuddles said:
OneThumb said:
Go for the Solo Mustang above, you can always add the passenger pad later. I ride all day on mine.
OT
If OTs says the seat is comfortable, I just know I'm gonna love it. Mind you I outweigh him by 100 lb. Might be time for a new shock as well at 65,000 km.
With your short legs you are going to need to wear platform shoes.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Cuddles said:
OneThumb said:
Cuddles said:
OneThumb said:
Go for the Solo Mustang above, you can always add the passenger pad later. I ride all day on mine.
OT
If OTs says the seat is comfortable, I just know I'm gonna love it. Mind you I outweigh him by 100 lb. Might be time for a new shock as well at 65,000 km.
With your short legs you are going to need to wear platform shoes.
Bubba's back! No need for you to take on his role ofslice and dice. LOL
Hahaha,
I was sitting here waiting for you to answer. LOL

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have a mustang seat, I weight 260 and find it very good, never mind asking those light weight follows about confort of the mustang they don't have enough weight to compress the seat. I have gone amost a 900 miles or so in 13 hours a couple of times with on problem Regards

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, it's a good thing that I am pretty thorough (anal) when it comes to buying/wanting things. Turns out, given the dimensions of the mustang seat, the back edge of the seat will make contact, definitely with me seated on the bike, with the frame of my quick release saddle bags. So, not wanting to risk having a nice hole worn into a $400 seat by the metal mount... I guess it is gel pad time for me. Can anyone recommend a good gel pad? I have a 2011 Kingpin 8 ball. I thought the stock seat was okay until I did a 200 mile ride today. I kind of expected this, not many manufacturers invest in good seats or grips, knowing they are some of the first things we replace.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Mustang solo seat. I have a set of bags that I use with the Easy Bracket system. They are not large bags and I do not use them all of the time but there has been no contact with the seat. I guess it depends on your set up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Texastoad said:
Thanks guys for your input...Mustang seat it is then...my butt thanks you also..LOL
I agree, and so you guys know, I do offer seat reshaping and recovering services. Fit to the butt is more important than overall size or foam density. Here are a few examples of stock seats with reshaped OEM foam, specifically to the owner's desires. Reshaped and slimmed in the inner thigh area for easier ground reach, then custom recovered
Installed with matching Drag-N-Rest pad
Deeply sculpted and two-tone recovered Jackpot seat with matching Drag-N-Rest pad
8 Ball seat recovered in red with matching Drag-N-Rest pad.
And Mustangs aren't immune from my trusty sword either... this one's been slimmed, trimmed, and in the middle of a final dishing out to lower the rider.
It's getting a bronze brown textures topside (like blue JP seat shown) and tan sides to match the two tone Kingpin paint.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
As a former KPT owner with Mustang seat I will simply say, sore as vs. no sore as... priceless.

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
I've never purchased a custom seat in 40+ years of riding covering hundreds of thousands of miles. You wussies with sensitive tushies should realize that over time (5,000 miles, couple of months) the stock seat will conform to the contours of you overly sensitive arse. Save your money for gas and motels. Kinda like asking a dead person if the $20,000 casket is more comfortable than the pine box, over time, you will get used to it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.