VOG Forum banner

Are most bikers really north of 50?

3097 68
I just read the below someplace and thought how depressing this is. Are the people that are riding the big bikes really aging out that fast? I aged out physically just before 70. It seems the millennials may not be so much into motorcycles. Psychology Today somebody wrote this. Not sure if the article pissed me off or my age pissed me off.

So I wonder now what the average age of our group is in 2022. Thinking maybe its mid 50s. I don't know how to make a poll. I wonder how old we are now as a group.

"Motorcycle manufacturers lure old buyers with a promise of a return to their youth. Other products, however, seize upon the motorcycle as a prop to get older men to buy stuff that they may actually need. One of my favorites was an ad that was on TV a couple of years ago for a product called “Male Guards,” which is a protective undergarment for men suffering from incontinence. The ad featured a group of tough looking older men slowly sputtering down the main street of a small town on their “hogs.” The male bystanders watched them with a mixture of respect and envy, as the local women were clearly smitten by the eye candy that had suddenly rolled into town. The riders winked at the ladies and acted like the masters of all that they beheld, since they could now afford the luxury of motoring slowly through town without any fear of peeing in their pants.

Yep, nothing captivates a young woman quite like a corpulent older man ensconced in leather while sporting a diaper."

How old are you?

• 18-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35-45

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 45-55

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 55-65

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 65-75

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 75+

Votes: 2 8.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,846 Posts
I gotta be honest I never liked or claimed the title of biker. Jeez they change the qualifications every other year . And I haven’t been without a bike since 1968 and clubbed for over 15 years. Yeah I’m definitely old now but I’m a rider nothing more nothing less. Biker title I gotta pass on
I'm not one to claim the label of biker either.

I'm also not the club type and have turned down the invites I've had. Just not my thing.

Just a guy that rides motorcycles here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts