VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Interesting.... Have never seen one but you never know.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Doing that prety much defeats the whole idea of the bike. Getting your hands up and out away from the fairing. Isnt the whole idea of having a touring bike, long distance comfort?
Might as well buy a Kingpin or even a Cross Roads and doing it if thats what you want in bars.
I agree with ddawg Nooooooooooo!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Doing that prety much defeats the whole idea of the bike. Getting your hands up and out away from the fairing. Isnt the whole idea of having a touring bike, long distance comfort?
Might as well buy a Kingpin or even a Cross Roads and doing it if thats what you want in bars.
I agree with ddawg Nooooooooooo!
What part of the handle bars on the bike are comfortable?
They are too narrow and too low.
If I make it to Vision land I plan on having a custom set made so I can be COMFORTABLE.
"Doing that prety much defeats the whole idea of the bike."
Correction, doing that prety much defeats YOUR whole idea of the bike.
Sorry, been 11 days without a smoke and I'm still a little testy.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
First off the ergonomics don't work that way with me. Who knows! If it works for ya...

NOWWW... if ya were to think of this seriousley,

I would check with Preston at Santa Rosa VeeTwin.

They do a lot of custom bikes and are one of our finer Victory Dealers here in Calif. Call them. Tell them I sent you. Talk to them and see what sort of ideas they have. They do custom bars etc.

SRVT is a fantastic Vic dealership. I broke a belt up their way and they buffed me out spur of the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apes wouldn't suit my comfort level but I love the idea that you want something different - that's one of the pleasures of motorcycle ownership - customising it suit YOUR tastes...Good on you...Don't listen to anyone else! (and send me a pict when you've done it!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ape on a vision is a no go ! Maybe on a cross roads - but not on a vision.

But in the end - it is your bike and customizing is what NewZealandVision said before.

Post a pic if it is done

·
Registered
5 Posts
apes on a Vision I have also seriously thought long and hard about it!! The only way I can see a pic or get a idea of what it looks like is by here. http://www.thevog.net/forum/victory-vision-35/custom-apes-for-the-vision/

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually saw one in the Jacksonville,FL area last week. Looked pretty awesome IMHO. The bike looked to be a total custom. It was painted flat black, black apes, lowered by several inches in the rear and had a larger looking wheel upfront. It reminded me of something Paul Yafee would do. Sorry I didn't get a pictur. Just had to through in my $0.02.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Check with Witchdoctor, I think he had a picture of a Black one with a Custom front wheel that he makes and apes.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Gambit said:
For the love of God don't do it!!!!
But they are so cool. :devil2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.