VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like them? Just bought a pair and they seem kinda light to me. Haven’t installed yet. Would rather get some opinions here first.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
There isn't much room in the trunk for a substantial speaker without doing some cutting. I'd invest in replacing the front speakers and add an amp. Anything more will compromise some space. With my wife I need all I can get!

Reactions: Cotton

·
Registered
214 Posts
Agreed Bujee. I put Polk DB521s in my trunk and had to do significant modding to get them in there. Definitely sound better than the stockers, but a lot of work for not a lot of gain.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you using an amp?
Yup. Got a Soundstream Stealth ST4 1000 watt amp set to 3 in the front and 0 on the rear. If you try turning it up, those little speakers can't handle it. With the stock stereo, I can't turn the volume past 23.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. Got a Soundstream Stealth ST4 1000 watt amp set to 3 in the front and 0 on the rear. If you try turning it up, those little speakers can't handle it. With the stock stereo, I can't turn the volume past 23.
Yeah, I thought they looked a little light. I'm only going with 600 watts. Hope they can handle it. You have to do much cutting in your trunk?

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
Have you check the specs on the speakers:

DB522

Have you compared the specs of your (unknown) amp to the speakers?

600 watts / 4= 150 per channel?

Tune the system properly and you will not have an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.