Anyone heard about any aftermarket brakes? | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Anyone heard about any aftermarket brakes?

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by SirP, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SirP

SirP Active Member

Just curious if anyone has heard anything. From my test drive I loved the CC except for the brakes. They didn't seem responsive and a little mushy.

2. wkohn

wkohn New Member

I thought the brakes were really good on the CC I rode. Maybe all you need are Lyndall Racing Brakes.

3. jophez

jophez New Member

I find that my front brakes are a little mushy as well, I am comparing them to my 08 hammer. I know there is a big weight difference but they just feel mushy to me.

4. SirP

SirP Active Member

Even with the weight difference they shouldn't be that mushy. I have driven heavier bikes than the CC that had better brakes.

Is it a brake bad issue or actual brake design?

5. mjw930

mjw930 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Octane
    Probably neither. Mine were a bit soft but I did a quick bleed and they are perfect now.

The brakes are actually better than they may feel in the grip. Lockup is relatively easy to accomplish indicating there's plenty of braking power but they modulate well so there's a lot of movement between firm and locked. Sometimes too much power equals less safe brakes as they lock to easily and are difficult to modulate at the limit.

I find I use 1 or 2 fingers 90% of the time and have never had an "ah ****" moment under some pretty hard braking.

I still miss my H-D ABS......