VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched from the LED headlight to the HID and I like the coverage with the HID better. The LED was good but had a definite cutoff line and above that line you couldnt see anything. Was great for riding straight but made curves at night hard to see into the curve. The HID is definitely better for that but the LED had a really good spot beam when you turned on the bright switch. I was thinking it would be great if there was a small single spotlight or lightbar that I could mount under the lower triple tree and use it as an extra light to try to get that spot/long throw back. My husband has a mini lightbar mounted under the triple tree but that is more for him to be seen rather than to give extra light. Its a really glaring/ugly kind of light that surely gets noticed before the headlight.

Looking around the web there are so many options and they all say they are great but most would probably be just like the one he has.
If anyone has found one they would recommend please let me know. -- I am specifically looking for long throw spot pattern as the HID has the rest covered.

thx

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
On the more expensive side, JW Speaker's Adaptive headlight works really well on curves with or without the brights on (v.2). It activates cornering lights as you lean lighting up the inside of the turn more. I've been super happy with mine but I have v.1 which only used the adaptive function on low beams, the new one does both low and high.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, I hadnt seen those before. If I rode a lot at night I would have to get one. For my needs at this point Im just looking for an inexpensive spot beam light I can add.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.