VOG Forum banner

Anyone else getting a rattling noise when backed off throttle at ~30mph? (Driving me nuts!)

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  chipchippy 
keithgrey said:
This rattle is driving me nuts! It's very faint but only happens at low speed.
I ordered a new smaller license tag and a tag bracket. If this doesn't work my right side exhaust is getting completely disassembled.
My belt guard work itself loose and rattled, tightened rattle gone. Justsomething to check.

1508 said:
Next, while I had it up on the lift, I started it and put it in gear, looked at the belt on the low side and it was bouncing all over the place. I decided to tight it up very carefully as I didn't want to get it too tight. Ran it again and this time no bounce. Let it down, took it for a ride, perfect. The real test was this morning at 48 degrees, to see if there was still trouble. It ran flawlessly. only the sweet sound of swept pipes. Hope that helps some of you.
With your rear wheel off the ground your belt will have less tensioin on it than it will supporting the weight of your bike, as weight is added including a passenger it will tighten up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.