VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured that I would bypass the head unit to get a cleaner and maybe louder sound. I replaced the aux cable with an aux to RCA cable which I ran to the line input jacks of my DS18 amp. Turned it on and the music was very low despite the volume being all the way up.

Did I do something wrong, or do I need a line amp or something to boost the signal? TIA....

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
What's the volt output of the source you are using? If it's a phone it's way to low, something Like .2 volts...

Several ways to address the issue.

Line amp works
Bluetooth piggy back for the amp.
Bluetooth adapter.

Or the best solution the Kenwood head unit.

I have used the JL bluetooth adapter , It works OK just has its limitations.

I am now using the Kenwood head unit, this is the best solution IMHO

Tire Automotive tire Audio equipment Wheel Gadget
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive tail & brake light
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
I'm not sure...but if it had 2 volts it should work.

My research was that the phones don't have enough volts to get any volume out of the system.

What's your gain and frequency set at on the amp? They may need to be adjusted?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it set at high pass, 120hz, and the gain is set at 3/4. The radio sounds awesome but when I switch to aux, the iPhone plays very low. With the original aux cable it played loud, but at higher speed was harder to hear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.