Any scoop on a Indian Dark Horse? | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Any scoop on a Indian Dark Horse?

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by 98741, Dec 25, 2014.

1. 98741

98741 Guest

Hello. I rarely post on the Indian side, but lately Indian has been peaking my interest. I have tried the current line and they ride fantastic but don't push my go go button yet. So I just started to play around and just look at older Indians and the one that grabs me is the dark Horse. I don't know why but it does. I have found several Kings Mountain models for sale but for the asking price I could get a new modern Indian.

Last Spring I was having my Ducati serviced and it just so happened's they are also a Indian dealership. I bumped into a friend who has a Kings Mountain Indian. I asked him how he felt about the Polaris line. he told me he loved it especially the motor and trans. But started to point out certain finishing and quality points of the both lines. regardless he was not swayed enough to change to the new Indian models.
    But I am waiting with anticipation of hear say of an Indian Dark Horse coming out soon. I hope this is true as this is the only one that grabs me.

If anyone has any info please feel free . Thanks.

2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Kingpin
    No scoop but I suspect blacked out options would be a natural progression for soon to be released models.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    Yep. What Bob said. Almost guaranteed they will come out with a stealth model. When is the only real question.

4. Harrar

Harrar Active Member

2012 Hard-Ball
    It will look similar to this
    Except it will have a 111 & funky fenders, no bags and cost a lot more.

image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 98741

98741 Guest

Love the look ofthe bike . absolutely hate the 106. if it has the 111, would be more than happy to pay for it.

6. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Funny, I;m pretty much just the opposite.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 98741

98741 Guest

I left it wide open didn't I? To be specific. I just thought the motor was noisy sloppy, and had plenty more in it than Polaris gave it. I guess Hate it was a bit strong, but thats how I felt when I tried the Indians. . But yet I guess compared to the HD motors I guess I would like the 106. But thats why there are so many bikes and motors for riders to find the one they can live with. I couldn't live with the 106.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. catwrench59

catwrench59 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross country tour
    I couldn't live bent over on a Diavel. I my not be able to out run a Ducati but with the light mods on my XCT it's runs good. The Indians and the Vintage styling just don't appeal to me.

9. wspollack

wspollack Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Country Tour
    I have two things to add to this thread:

1) IMHO, that's a really nice set of shelves that Harrar has constructed in his garage.

2) Speaking of nice shelves, here's a pic of me (I'm the one in front), shortly before taking a test ride on the Diavel, at Americade in 2012.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Yep you did! Lol. But it is kinda funny how different we can be. From my point I really like the Vic platform and feel like they made compromises to "fix" things that I didn't think were broke to come up with the TS111. I'd much rather have the uncompromised mill. Well, at least for a starting point!

On a related note I've drooled over Diavels since the first time I saw one. I may not keep it long, but at some point in time I will have a Duke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 98741

98741 Guest

it's an insane bike for what it is, not for every one . But in my perfect world I would have the Diavel and another for longer distance with storage . That's why I am holding on for the revised victory line. if I am not satisfied with the new offering I will also get a multistrada also . Love the new 15's.

12. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Anything after 1953 is a knockoff of Indian. That said I don't mind knockoffs and think the Vintage is simply beautiful.

But why somebody would spend big money on a used knockoff that failed is beyond me. They are not better in any way shape or form than the Polaris one. And I think Polaris will be in the Indian business for some time to come. Thats a lot of money to be different. Polaris has probably already sold more Indians than all the others that tried to resurrect the name in the past.

If I already owned one of the older startups like Kings Mountain, I would surely keep it because they are great looking bikes.

To the original post color and chrome cost money in manufacturing. You can be assured they will black one out and make a larger profit margin on the bike. It is inevitable IMHO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 98741

98741 Guest

Several others have brought the same point of view to me also. Its not one however that would be the cause of me not purchasing an Indian. Just does not grab me and the pitch of the first American motorcycle doesn't do it for me.

If it was Victory's new design and not pushed as an Indian I would probably like it more. But it was indeed Genious for Victory to do it this way.

14. 98741

98741 Guest

It's not as hunched over as you think ,I am almost at the same sitting position as when I had my judge and CC but the keg position is more mid back but not like a sports bike.

15. catwrench59

catwrench59 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross country tour
    Oh Ok I thought it was more sport bike or even the BMWs. I had a GSXr years ago it was fun but I enjoy the riding we do now so much more.