VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on 20,000 - 25,000 kms a year and this season had V & H pipes put on my new XC and I can't stand it (even with ear plugs)... and they seem to be getting LOUDER. Is that possible? Is there anything with a low rumble a little quieter. I have the stage ones on my other XC but I don't like the look . Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Vic Shop carries and modifies the quiet baffles for the V & H HO's., so they are easier to install. They run about $100.00 a pair, but the up side is they also make more power when added to the stock V & H baffles. I have been considering doing this over the off season myself. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I put on 20,000 - 25,000 kms a year and this season had V & H pipes put on my new XC and I can't stand it (even with ear plugs)... and they seem to be getting LOUDER. Is that possible? Is there anything with a low rumble a little quieter. I have the stage ones on my other XC but I don't like the look . Any advice would be greatly appreciated
First of all, congrats on having two XCTs. Second, there are lots of options quieter than the V&H pipes. I have Bassani Quick Change slip ons

·
Registered
306 Posts
I initially bought a set of D & D's but wasn't impressed with the sound - even with the baffles unwrapped so I got a set of Vance & Hines which I really like.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
@2wheelswilltravel.net You don't like the look of the stage 1's , change the tips Vic baggers has some good one's

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
V&H makes quiet baffles for many of their exhaust offerings. Take a look and you'll see some.

As for the noise difference on the original ones, as the noise level grew I had to repack my V&H pipes every year. Not sure if yours are a type that allows for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V&H makes quiet baffles for many of their exhaust offerings. Take a look and you'll see some.

As for the noise difference on the original ones, as the noise level grew I had to repack my V&H pipes every year. Not sure if yours are a type that allows for that.
Ive got the quiet in - still not quiet enough I dont wanna go deaf lol

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Tri Ovals, good numbers, nice sound, nice low note, can hear them when you whack the throttle. I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Ive got the quiet in - still not quiet enough I dont wanna go deaf lol
I bought the Mighty plug ( earplugs ) on Amazon. Hundreds of very positive reviews and they work really well. They will knock a number 10 exhaust sound on the loudness scale down to a very pleasant 3. They cut out the wind noise so that all you hear is the low bass exhaust sounds. The material used for the Mighty Plugs looks just like children's play dough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.