VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nolan Ncom is now out with version 2, (basic kit 2, and bluetooth kit 2)
I know that version 2 is now compatible with A2DP, meaning that it can handle bluetooth stereo, but is there any other difference with the 1st version? i.e. speaker sound quality, range, etc.
There are several retailers that have version 1 on clear out, you can save yourself about $80.00 per helmet if you don't mind mono, (neither my Zumo or iPhone do A2DP), so this is a good savings for me. But I'd gladly spend the extra $ if there are other improvements. The Nolan site doesn't say much about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I saw your post, unfortunately, I can't respond to your question. I bought the new Nolan (new to the USA) with the inner smoke visor and removeable chin guard - LOVE THAT HELMET!! It also has a place for the Ncom, but we use Scala Cardo Bluetooth and have always liked that set up.. I was told when I bought my helmet that the Ncom isn't all that great for sound quality.. so not sure if the new version would be any better.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BellesAZ said:
I saw your post, unfortunately, I can't respond to your question. I bought the new Nolan (new to the USA) with the inner smoke visor and removeable chin guard - LOVE THAT HELMET!! It also has a place for the Ncom, but we use Scala Cardo Bluetooth and have always liked that set up.. I was told when I bought my helmet that the Ncom isn't all that great for sound quality.. so not sure if the new version would be any better.
Bit the bullet and bought 2 Nolan N43 Trilogy helmets along with 3 sets of Bluetooth 2 kits, as I already have a Nolan N103 for cold weather riding.

I never did get an answer with all my searching, I guess I should have called Nolan USA, but since the original Nolan Bluetooth is a couple of years old, I figure they must have made more improvements than just the A2DP

Everything is still in their boxes and will stay that way until spring. I'll do a full review then.

I did a lot of price searching and got my best deal out of Florida, (should have mentioned Andy for the discount, LOL) at

http://www.motoshop.net/

I talked to them directly on the phone, very helpful and knew their products. Shipping was reasonable and I received the parcel within 2 wks, not bad for shipping to Canada and having to clear customs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.