VOG Forum banner

Any interest for $12000?

7K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  Harescrambler 
#1 ·
Thinking of selling my Ness Magnum with only 5000 miles. Any interest at $12000?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you are going to be hard pressed to unload it for anything over 10k, if I'm being honest. But I really hope you can. That's a gorgeous bike. The trunk and ABS will add value, as will the forged bars, but only for the right buyer.

Reactions: Flyboy
#5 ·
Ness Magnum or standard Magnum? Either way, all the best to you with the sale. As has been mentioned, the trunk is worth $1200 to $1400 alone. Has there been engine improvements made? The trunk, mirrors, windshield and passenger grab handles were added on and are also nice to have. Are the grips are aftermarket?

#6 ·
It's beautiful! I wish I could say I thought it would pull that number but I just don't think it will. Not unless you find a person that wants that exact bike. There are just too many Vic's out there going cheap for what they are.

#9 · (Edited)
Yes change those old a$$ tires if ur riding it 200 miles from home everyday but sounds like he only rides it across town from time to time. Wow $12 asking for 2015 Ness magnum xct ish with only 5k miles?? That’s a great buy, I gave 10 grand for reg 15 xct with 14k miles on it. I still look @ cycle trader & ur asking is by far under others in MY area. Hold out don’t give it away, it’s US that sets market value so please help be the solution to falling prices. The scares way over, vics dead for almost 4 yrs now & is time for prices to rebound because they R fantastic value. I wish I could buy it, that’s a good 1!!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: Clean Cut
#11 ·
Yea 5 yr old tires stored that way notta prob, look them over real well for cracks n such & wouldnt take off on a 3000 mile trip but around town @ his rate good for another 5 yrs

#13 · (Edited)
The problem is wit MC tires the rubber is 3x softer then car tires, so the compound changes over time, also concrete floors change the composition of that tire , I read that if you store your bike on concrete then put 2 small piece of carpet under the tire

Up to you guys but 5 years and there off the bike

When I bought a CCT 2014 in 2017 it only had 3800 kilometers on the bike and tires, stored on a tiled showroom floor, went for the first trip, and of course rain, the front tire had no grip in the corners, rear broke loose all the time coming out ( i cannot remember what year was on the tires )

Next day I hopped on a ferry to Singapore and got 3 new tires, what a difference

I ain't gonna die coz of a few bucks

Especially town riding, slippery asfalt, coble stones, gravel

No need for all that

#14 ·
Hope you get it.

#15 ·
That bike is a bargain at that price. Stand your ground or go up in price then settle on $12k. No way in hell would I even consider selling it at that price but I sure would consider buying it for that.

#17 ·
That is a fair price with all you have on it, especially with the miles. Unless Momma needs surgery tomorrow and you need the money, that is a fair price for an educated Vic buyer. If they don't understand, your job to explain, or just start pulling ship off the bike.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
#18 ·
Didn’t the Ness Magnum come with the ‘Ness’ forged bars? Those are the ‘regular’ forged bars like I have on my CCT. The tops aren’t even color matched.

What makes a Ness Magnum a Ness Magnum? Just the paint or forged bars, different wheels, a Ness ID plate etc?

#41 ·
Didn't the Ness Magnum come with the 'Ness' forged bars? Those are the 'regular' forged bars like I have on my CCT. The tops aren't even color matched.

What makes a Ness Magnum a Ness Magnum? Just the paint or forged bars, different wheels, a Ness ID plate etc?
The Ness Magnum is also the only one with a painted, color matched frame.

#19 ·
Paint, chromed swingarm maybe, scalloped forged bars, better billet rims, signature, numberplate, couple other items here and there. Depends on which Ness (Arlen, Zach or Corey), what year and which model.

#20 ·
I'm referring to the model pictured in the first post that started this thread. What makes it a Ness Magnum? It's an attractive Magnum in my book, but I don't know what qualifies it as a Ness Magnum. I see basic forged bars and wheels with a CCT trunk an aftermarket windshield, mirrors and grips. What am I missing?

#22 ·
Can't tell in that pic but every Ness that I've seen had diamond cut jugs as well. Don't know if that's a given with them.

#21 ·
#26 · (Edited)
They were on my 11 XC. Along with passenger boards and tour style fat passenger seat. Sheesh ugly but comfy for passenger. Only thing 11 models were missing was ABS.

#28 ·
Asking $12k for a 15 Ness magnum with like 5k miles on it is giving it away, I wish I had the cash to make it mine!!! If were n a pickle & needed money I’d go back to suckin dick$ under a bridge b4 selling that bike for that amount

#31 ·
That's tonsil tickling Tuesday's happy hour rate....$25 after 7:30

Reactions: jmstang302
#37 ·
Those rates are too expensive for me. I once talked a hooker down from $20 to $5 for double penetration bareback for my partner and I......... We were in uniform...... In a police car! True story.

I have had girls offer sexual stuff to get out of trouble but that was the first time I was propositioned like that. I left her alone driving away with a great laugh and good story. She was trying to get in the back seat as I drove away. She was ready! Thank goodness I'm good about locking my doors.

#38 ·
@VicVisionBulldog We need something better than "winner" for that one. Reality is better than imaginary

• Haha
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog
#40 ·
That bikes a “Ness Edition”, which means it’s even more special than a reg Magnum. The difference is like a Ferrari or a Ferraro money wise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.