VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

Dreamrider - I replaced mine with a Metra 44-UA400. It is an antenna about the size of on old pack of gum. I glued it under the dash panel right behind the windshield to get it away from as much metal as possible. It made a world of difference and was quite easy to do.
There are detailed instructions with pictures using a Metra 44-UA200 on Vision-Riders here:
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1595&posts=1&start=1
Hope that helps

·
Registered
64 Posts

Sorry - But those pictures were actually posted by another user - and I didn't think to take any. The antenna fits under the dash panel that is right behind the windshield. You remove the windshield from the motor, the fuse box access panels, 4 screws holding the upper dash panel in place and pry up the panel. There is enough room to mount the antenna between the 'under-dash' body work and the dash panel. The antenna is completly hidden - just in a different location then the original......
So i guess the 'after' pictures are 'it looks the same as before you started' ;-)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ahhhh...... As a matter of fact just picked up the forks, calipers and rotors from the bodyshop Friday! The new frontwheel came in about a week ago... Not going to be able to work on it 'til the second week in March. Traveling for work the next couple of weeks and weekends are booked with family stuff. But hope to get it bolted back together by about mid-March. I'll post the pics when it is finally able to stand on it's own two wheels again - can't wait....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.