VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2011 CCT. I'd like to do something about the buffeting. I went back a bit on the VOG and couldn't find specifics about the older CCTs.

The 2011 CCT has the plastic on top of the crash bars - is that what's being called "lower air management"? Does it interfere with the Witch Doctor lowers?

Anything else anyone'd recommend?

I put a lot of highway miles on the bike at 80+mph and it sure would be sweet not to be wore out and deaf at the end of a long day.

Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
The CCT didn't come out till 2012, so I'm not sure what your looking for. Do you have forged bars or crash bars? Maybe someone added the hard lowers and trunk. If you have the hard lowers, the "wind management" pertains to being able open and close the flaps on the hard lowers. And also has wings on the bottom of the fairing to adjust.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
1) As a former owner of the first-year XCT (AKA CCT), I agree with @Dan050 that 2012 was the first model year for that bike. I sat on one -- big introduction demo presentation by Victory -- at the NYC cycle show in Dec. 2011.

So, yep, what model do you have, exactly?

2) My vote goes to Madstad -- Cross Country -- for its adjustability and clean, smooth, air.

Some folks think the Madstad product is fugly, but, as Forest Gump might put it, clean air is as clean air does. This is assuming you're going deaf because of windshield air; the lower, around the legs, airflow is a whole 'nuther discussion.

Speaking of deaf, I wear hearing aids off the bike. On the bike, for many years now, I wear custom-molded ear plugs for anything beyond local errand runs.

3) And your height, inseam, length of torso, is?

Sometimes makes significant differences, re some of the windshield products. For instance, I had the non-adjustable Klockwerks Flare for a year, and it was very good. But that windshield is a problem for anyone much shorter or much taller than me (I'm 5'9", 30" inseam, i.e., normal torso).

4) You a look-over or a look-through rider?

I'm a look-over rider, so never had the official barn-door XCT taller windshield or its brackets mounted. And do you do a lot of cold-weather riding? Hot weather only?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks. Seems to me I bought it straight from Baggershield. The clear section is easily removed, flipped over, and stored behind the tinted lower section. So far I really like the versatility and the wind protection is very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.