VOG Forum banner

Another Seat Question

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Sutherland 
#1 · (Edited)
Need a new seat. Tried Ultimate and it set me back by an inch or so. No good.

Looking at CycleOps. Possibly Russell DayLong but they come right out and say it'll raise you by 1.5-2". With a 30" inseam, I can't do that either.

Had a Corbin on my V-Star and that was OK...wasn't thrilled. Mustang maybe?

Any thoughts besides Will @ CycleOps? Nothing against him, just looking for other options.

#2 ·
The Mustang I added to my Vision dropped me in the seat about an inch or a bit more. I like the saddle but didn't need the drop. It all works out though as I use a Airhawk often that puts me back to good. .

#3 ·
If you need a seat for the vertically challenged and comfort? You're going to have to get it custom made.

Won't Ultimate modify their seat for you or is it Russell ?

Drag Specialtys makes a low seat for the XC.

The best thing to help us VC is to narrow the sides. Victory had a low seat, I'll spot 1 maybe 2 every 6 months or so. Non-heated usually runs $300 while the heated one is $600.

#8 ·
Did you call Russells? Tell them you can't go up 1.5". I have a 30" inseam and have a Russells. I only went up 1" but lowered the bike 1" to offset.

#9 ·
mustang wide. says out of box is a little lower than stock xc seat. No way it moves you back any. i had to have mine dished out a little and had it lowered and pushed back some. 30 inseam here too. its better than the Mag on long rides and better for her too.

#11 ·

Looking at CycleOps. Possibly Russell DayLong but they come right out and say it'll raise you by 1.5-2". With a 30" inseam, I can't do that either.

Any thoughts besides Will @ CycleOps? Nothing against him, just looking for other options.
Drag Specialties makes one. I actually have one I will sell you, say $280 plus shipping. I didn't like the seat stitching look on my bike as it's flame and my bike is lightning. Just like this one but flame stitching.

DRAG SPECIALTIES SEATS LOW-PROFILE TOURING SEATS USING VICTORY OEM BACKREST

Photograph Automotive tire White Automotive lighting Light

Attachments

#15 ·
#12 ·
If he's not interested, maybe @13SicVic would be, he's looking for a new seat too. And his bike has flames.

#13 ·

I have a cycle ops seat. It was a bit of a challenge some of it was Will and some of it was Mother Nature. In the end I have a seat I love and is comfy especially now that it's broken in.

Reactions: COU
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.