VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Vegas 2 months ago I knew there had to be a reason I was getting quoted 5K less for a new bike than any other dealer. I tried to buy from one of the 3 local guys here in Arkansas as well as one that was 165 miles away but American Rebel in Cape Girardeau Missouri (295 miles from my house) offered me 20% off accessories and $3,500 off the bike for a savings of 5K. I received a letter in the mail todaysaying they were closing, soI called Aaron @ American Rebel & he said they just couldnt make it anymore. He has 7 bikes left and said he is selling [email protected] 2-3K under cost. I think he said he has 2 KP's, aVison, 2 Vegas's& maybe a JP, I dont remeber but anyway, if anyone is on the fence about buying you may call them. He said he expects to be closed within 4 weeks. He also has a ton of accesseries & apparel in stock. The apparel is 60% off. I have no affiliation with these people other than they sold me bargain with no "surprises" @ the time of signing.
American Rebel Motorcycles
573-332-7323

·
Registered
234 Posts
You guys make me thankful for our dealer more and more every day. Although they are always wrapped up with work in their service department, once you make an appointment, they will keep it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I would have to say when I had Ride Now in Longwood, there service department was great, in and out no problem. Parts department was very friendly but didn't stock any Victory parts or OIL. The sales department including the manager was horrible. If you cant sell it you cant service it...

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is somewhat scary watching fairly prominent dealerships slowly drop off one by one. I leave for Motorcycle Mechanics Institute out of Phoenix, AZ in about 5 months. Hopefully after the 15 months of schooling things will be turning around.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
we've lost 2 dealerships in the last couple of years, 1 no big deal loss, another a very successful dealer that was closed by local government intervention(long boring story). Anyhow I know my favorite dealer has struggled in the past with the high gas prices hurting business and now with a down economy.

I've still got 2 decent dealerships within 30 minutes, but if those 2 were to fail i'm not sure what I would do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rather-b-n-AZ said:
It is somewhat scary watching fairly prominent dealerships slowly drop off one by one. I leave for Motorcycle Mechanics Institute out of Phoenix, AZ in about 5 months. Hopefully after the 15 months of schooling things will be turning around.
I applaud your effort to better yourself but in this economy that may not be the best choice. Good luck to you, and the economy. I'm sure you'll enjoy the school at worst.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I guess this boils down to one thing, Victory better get off there ass and start doing something for dealers.
If I were looking for a new bike I may think a lot harder on buying a Victory as there may be on one around to do service.
This is only giving the other builder more amo to sell there product, HD, and theJapanese builders
Regards

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Rather-b-n-AZ said:
Dealerships may be dropping but a good tech is hard to find. Study hard and you will never be out of a job. Also, dont be scared to go against the flow of standard ideas, thats what makes the difference between a tech and a parts changer...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may be a great mechanic but f you dont have passion for what you do you wont be successful in any field. If you LOVE motorcycles and want to be a motorcycle mechanic you'll do well. If you dont care about customer service/satisfaction, you may as well work at Jiffy Lube.. No offence to Jiffy Lube. I have had my oil changed there before. (i think)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, this is not just a Victory problem, as a truckdriver I'm seeing a lot of bike dealers of all brands closing down. While a lot of us are rabid riders, alot of people still see a bike as a toy, and it's the first place they start saving money.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Passion is definitely something I don't have to worry about. I enjoy being the guy to ask around my neck of the woods when there's a problem on 2 wheels.

I'm leaving a pretty good job to go do what I want to do. It's a roll of the dice, but you only live once, and I plan on living.

Thanks for the comments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.