VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hate to say it, but it looks like we lost another dealer. I haven't completely verified it but I went to the Ride Now Powersports website and they removed the Longwood location from the site. This was one of two local dealers I have and the only one with mechanics.... No wonder why I couldn't get oil the other day. I just tried calling the location and it transfers to the Orlando store so I guess it is official... Well I hope the Orlando location picks up the Victory line if not I will be going 200 miles for any warranty work...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rider_eu said:
How do you feel about still having your options open for a goldwing, now that you know this?
Does it change your choice of product as a consumer?
It really doesn't change anything on my future bike purchases. I had already decided to wait until the 2011 Goldwings come out and then make a decision. Also, I would like to see the direction Victory takes after the dealer meeting. I really dont need to have another bike right now. Also, after my experience trying to buy the Vision (I know this sounds silly) I think someone doesn't want me to own one.
However, it does make me take a serious look at my Vegas and customizing it. I am not sure if I really want to put that much money into a bike I will have to tow 200 miles if something breaks.
I really have been thinking seriously about the Honda Fury. I know it gets mixed reviews here but it might be the way to go (for me).

·
Registered
457 Posts

Damn, that pink bicycle in the front looks HOT ;)
It says polaris on the walls so I think they can change the oil there. :)
You can still custom the hell out of your bike. It's a better platform to start with than any softail. A vegas is already half way there, out of the crate. Imagine starting on a softail... (talking about the stance of the bike, wheels, sculpted fuel tank, etc...)
Only, don't touch any mechanical parts.
I know you guys think of a 200 mile ride in very different terms than we do. (200 mile ride seems like a picknick break for some of you) but that's still 320 km :s . With a trailer...Wouldn't want to be in your place. Lets hope you'll never need it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hey, they cant change my oil if they dont have any...lol See other post for more on that.
I know I can customize it and probably be happy but I am concerned with the stability of the dealers and the manufacturer. What good is a custom bike if you cant get it fixed? Most of the HD wrenches wont touch a Vic and without the software there is not much they can do anyway.
What ever happens, I think my next bike will be from a major manufacturer. Sorry Vic, it was a good run but I am losing faith....

·
Registered
457 Posts

You say something about not being able to get a custom fixed. But isn't that always sort of the deal with customs?
Imagine buying an OCC bike, or big bear, or big 'something else', or any of those...
Agreed, by using Harley parts (or harley derived parts like S&S), more people can do some wrenching on it. But still, seems like an inevitable part of owning a custom.
Now of course, a Vegas shouldn't be a 'rare item' by any means. It's a full size brand and the mechanical base of the bike shouldn't be a pita to get serviced...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I know just about every HD wrench in the area and they wont touch a Vic. As far as the other customs, they are pretty much HD based. They might have RevTEch or S&S motors but they are all servicable at any HD shop. As I would customize my own bike I would leave the drive train alone and not do any crazy performance mods, so service and repairing the motor is a concern.
My big stumbling block is if I am going to spend that much money customizing a bike (any bike) I want the manufacturer to be around. I've also been alittle disheartened with the lack of dealer support I have recieved to date. I have been lucky with Suzuki in the past because I never needed the dealer for anything except oil changes and the occasional valve adjustment. Also, one thing that I prefered about my Suzuki dealer is that it is family owned and operated and that really makes a big difference then these national chain stores... Oh well its late, I'm tired and will quit bitching for tonight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.