Another one bites the dust. | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Another one bites the dust.

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Yago20, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Vegas Low 2010
    Was probably the torque compensator

• Like Like x 2
  2. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Congrats on your new ride. I know several people with the same bike and they love them. Here's to many miles with smiles!

3. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Congrats on the new bike!
    It looks very nice.

4. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    Nice bike, let us know how you like it after the first long ride .... Are you tall or short ? Tried to look at your pictures but seems they do not show on DuckDuckGo

Screenshot_2020-09-17-12-01-15-80_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.png

5. Yago20

Yago20 Active Member

2011 Victory XC
    I agree, but at this point I'll never know. I pre-ordered the newest version of the torque compensator at the local former Victory dealer. They never called me to say the parts came in, but I tried to schedule an appointment when I followed up on my order. They told me no appointment was necessary, just stop in. I dropped the bike off the next night and was told they wouldn't get to it until next week. I was a little upset, but I didn't say anything. I called the following week and was told again, they won't get to it until next week. I called a third time and was able to speak to the service manager who always did right by me. I really think the owner (who was all of my previous conversations) never informed the service department that my bike was there, though the service manager wouldn't come out and say as much. When I picked up my bike the next day I was told I got the new tires, but the parts department "forgot" to order the gaskets so they couldn't replace the torque compensator. BTW, the compensator didn't look anything like what the exploded view looked like. I really think they ordered it wrong. Anyway, I just cancelled the service and decided right there that I needed to trade the bike in. If I can't get even minor services done correctly, how can I be sure the major stuff is done properly.

I am short. Very short. I stand about 5' 6 and 1/2 inches. Yes, I'm claiming that half inch. Anyway most of the height I do have is upper body. When sitting with groups of friends who are in the 6 foot range, I am eye level with them all. I was teased in high school for having "no knees".
    Even with that said, yes, I loved my XC that I could lay place my feet wherever I wanted and still be on the boards. The HD has a very specific spot that your foot goes into. That thick seat on the HD is VERY comfortable, but raises the rider height a bit. Actually, I bought the absolute WORST bike for someone my height. The Electra Glides have tires with a little bit more sidewall, shocks that have a little more travel, and a seat with more padding compared to the Street Glide or Road Glides. While all of this makes for a very smooth cruise down the road, it really adds to the height of the seat from the ground.
    I did learn last night from a guy I ride with who is shorter than me, the previous owner was probably taller and heavier than I am. He had the rear shocks just about fully preloaded. I adjusted the preload all the way down and can now sit a little more properly with the ball of each foot firmly planted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. XC_Rider

XC_Rider New Member

2012 Cross Country
    Over 80k miles on my 2012 XC and no tranny problems. (knock on wood)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Same here at 78K.

Regardless, whatever the OTD charges were plus any money paid minus the trade in is what the H-D actually cost. Could the Victiry have been fixed for less than that or replaced for less than that? I don’t know and it’s not my money so I don’t need to know.

What I do know is that a Victory Cross bike is likely the best value in motorcycles. Enjoy your new ride.

The real tragedy here is that some unsuspecting person will end up with a damaged 2011 Cross bike. Hopefully they’ll show up here to get educated on how best to fix the transmission issue. Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix and they didn’t over pay for the bike.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Think of the choice of t-shirts and suspenders you have now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    I bought mine knowing it would be the last new bike I buy. I am mechanically inclined and should this one fail, going back together 116 is still cheaper than new. Plus all the aftermarket add on's this bike has. Just did the audio this last winter, fell in love all over again. I get Yago's point of view, hope he has miles of smiles. Somebody said once, doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yago20

Yago20 Active Member

2011 Victory XC
    I worried about this as well. After the deal was done, the salesman told me the bike will be sold to an auction house. More than likely, it'll be bought by someone like who will part it out.

11. fsbreezy

fsbreezy New Member

2017 Cross Country Tour, 2016 Indian Dark Horse, 2013 Cross Country Tour, 2008 Harley Ultra, 74 shovelhead
    I can't imagine the Harley rides better than the Victory XC Tour. I rode Harley's for forty years and truthfully they always sucked (well except for my Road Kings). The 08 Ultra was probably the worst (both in comfort and dependability). Now I am 6'5" and can stretch out on the Victory so that maybe why. Well I guess it's different strokes for different folks but for me I'm going to stick with my 13 and 17 Victory's .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Vic magnum harley ultra
    I’m just curious why you didn’t try a cross country tour ? You think that Harley rides nice the CCT I hate to say at this point. Puts it to shame in both ride and handling speaking from experience here. Unless it’s a time to move forward due to a parts issue

13. jackthebiker

jackthebiker Member

2019 Road King & 2015 Triumph T100 Bonneville
    I am currently riding a 2019 Road King, I had a 2013 Cross Country Tour, 2012 Crossroads LE, and a 2011 Cross Country. My 107 Milwaukee 8 has more power than any of them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Vic magnum harley ultra
    Yeah but if it’s power you want to begin with who the hell goes to Harley seriously. Ride and handling in a bagger Harleys last place. Top heavy and a horrible ride speaking from way to much experience But wait a minute I had a 16 Magnum and I could spank any stock 107 with my stock Magnum all day. And I did it quite a few times actually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Stock?

My buddy has a 117 CVO. Stock it had less HP than my Vision with tuner, pipes, and filters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1