VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ah gees !

Ok om gonna start another popular thread, Who's for Roe? Who's for Wade?
Im guessing the same opinions will come forth.

By the way, this was a joke, i dont care which way you think on Roe V Wade!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Ah gees !

Ok om gonna start another popular thread, Who's for Roe? Who's for Wade?
Im guessing the same opinions will come forth.

By the way, this was a joke, i dont care which way you think on Roe V Wade!!!!!
That is definitely a "slippery" topic!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Perfect timing Alan. Just did the winter oil change and now havea stripped oil plug.
Heli-coils for everyone this Christmas!
Ken

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kenandpen said:
Perfect timing Alan. Just did the winter oil change and now havea stripped oil plug.
Heli-coils for everyone this Christmas!
Ken
Doing mine shortly, bought a 1/4" drive Torque Wrench yesterday for that reason, 15ft. lbs is just to hardto judge by hand.
OT

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Jackpot_Dan said:
So what kind of oil you using OT?
Since my 09 has a 5 year warranty I will use the Victory Change Kit, 6 US qts. Filter with copper drain plug washer. I buy 2 kits plus one extra filter and washer. That gives me 3 oil changes since I use 4 qts. per change. My latest kit cost $69.99 plus taxes.
Note: Make shure you do not Over Tighten your drain plug to 15ft-lb. (20 Nm) Rather costly repair.
OT

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Oil is a rip off you don't need it the gears get all slippery.
Run the bikes with out the gears really grab.
he he

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ok ive got a question, up until now the only thing about oil i have commented on is that i use Vic oil.
Heres my question:
We all know that there are a billion theories about oil out there, but while we are researching what is the best, is there any danger to the engine by experimenting?
In other words if we are all using quality oils, (not Billy Bobs bargain oil) why cant we just change brands lets say, every other change. Until we find what WE like best?

Since this subject is here to stay i thought i would ask.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Ok ive got a question, up until now the only thing about oil i have commented on is that i use Vic oil.
Heres my question:
We all know that there are a billion theories about oil out there, but while we are researching what is the best, is there any danger to the engine by experimenting?
In other words if we are all using quality oils, (not Billy Bobs bargain oil) why cant we just change brands lets say, every other change. Until we find what WE like best?

Since this subject is here to stay i thought i would ask.
What we like best is not always what is best, this is the same for many topics. An oil that makes your engine run cooler means your engine isn't getting to optimum temperature and vice versa... II stick with Vic because no other company out there can prove to me that they spent as much time testing their oil on Victory brands.
Well, this topic should fly out of control again...lol

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rollin said:
OneThumb said:
Rollin said:
This is easy.
I bought the bike. I pay for the oil. I use what I want.
Will you use just any oil or an oil as long as it has the JASO-MA Rating? (An Oil for Wet Clutches)
I have been using AMSOIL for the last 4 years. It works for me.
AMSOIL has the JASO-MA Rating. Which grade do you use 20W50 or 10W40?
Being further north they suggest we use 10W40 up here, wehaveplus sinceour Victorys come withOil Coolers installed on them.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
OneThumb said:
Rollin said:
OneThumb said:
Rollin said:
This is easy.
I bought the bike. I pay for the oil. I use what I want.
Will you use just any oil or an oil as long as it has the JASO-MA Rating? (An Oil for Wet Clutches)
I have been using AMSOIL for the last 4 years. It works for me.
AMSOIL has the JASO-MA Rating. Which grade do you use 20W50 or 10W40?
Being further north they suggest we use 10W40 up here, wehaveplus sinceour Victorys come withOil Coolers installed on them.
I have used both. Depends on the time of the year, andwhere I am going.
Iuse 20W50 on the longer trips. I have run intotemps in excess of 110 degress (up to 117 degrees) on every road trip so I like the heavier oil.
I also extend my oil change intervals to around 5000 miles on the longer trips.
The trip I took in 2008 I had to change the oil 3 times in 11 days. Gets expensive!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.