VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I think that engine has potential. I wonder if they still have the ability to build the P156 engine? That was a nice mill.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
177 people who have money to burn lol. No ABS either for that price.
Seriously. That is burning money. If someone has the means to have that to sit on it, surely they have the means to find a better investment. What's that thing going to be worth in 20 years if kept pristine? Probably won't even come close to keeping up with inflation. You're in the hole for a bike that you can look at.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That is such a price hike just to add a theme..... I kinda laugh about the J.D. partnership... does anyone remember the news over the past year or so in regards to Jack Daniels...... they came clean and admitted to stealing the recipe that has made them world famous .... a slave actually created the formula.... so to rehash.... Lol. 1) stole the recipe that made them famous... 2) owned slaves and then stole from them and took all the credit... Yeah ... I want that name on my bike! A name based on lies and deceit ... but I'm sure the alcoholics won't care ...

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
That is such a price hike just to add a theme..... I kinda laugh about the J.D. partnership... does anyone remember the news over the past year or so in regards to Jack Daniels...... they came clean and admitted to stealing the recipe that has made them world famous .... a slave actually created the formula.... so to rehash.... Lol. 1) stole the recipe that made them famous... 2) owned slaves and then stole from them and took all the credit... Yeah ... I want that name on my bike! A name based on lies and deceit ... but I'm sure the alcoholics won't care ...
Slave was behind Jack Daniel's recipe but was whitewashed from history

The makers of Jack Daniel's, America's favourite whiskey, have admitted for the first time that a Tennessee slave was behind its legendary recipe.

For 150 years credit for teaching the young Jack Daniel how to distill had gone to the Rev. Dan Call, a Lutheran preacher in Tennessee.

But the company said it was not Call but his slave, a man called Nearis Green, who in fact provided the expertise, the New York Times reported.

As a boy Jasper Newton 'Jack' Daniel, was sent to work for Call, who as wellas being a minister ran a general store and distillery.

In the mid 19th Century distilleries were owned by white businessmen but much of the work making the whiskey was done by slaves.

Many slaves relied on techniques brought from Africa and became experts, often making it clandestinely.

George Washington had half a dozen slaves working under Scottish foremen at his distillery in Virginia.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
To me it's just not a good value. If a person buys it and doesn't ride it then it's a waste of money. On the other hand if a person buys it and rides it like a regular bike it's a waste of money because you spent 17,000 on a Scout smh

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
To me it's just not a good value. If a person buys it and doesn't ride it then it's a waste of money. On the other hand if a person buys it and rides it like a regular bike it's a waste of money because you spent 17,000 on a Scout smh
This is a better worded response of what I was trying to say. Too much for a scout.. too little for a meaningful investment when you factor in cost to store, maintain, insure etc. just kind of a price point and value that makes little sense to you and me... but the value of a dollar is relative to the one spending it. Can't really criticize too harshly since I've spent a ****load on alcohol and other wasteful things over the years with no financial upside, so to each their own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
6,677 Posts
  • Winner
Reactions: MoRider

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
And here is concrete proof that there is a sucker born every minute!

Jack Daniel's limited edition Indian Scout sells out in minutes | Powersports Business

I don't get it, but hey, it is not my money, so whatever.
This is why I've toned down my speculation and keyboard ceo posts. It's still fun and engaging to shoot the crap with everyone regarding what these massive companies should be doing... but time and time again I find myself humbled by how very little I know about the industry. (I got a chuckle out of that toothless dirt ass with face tattoos telling Harley what they need to do...yeah, ok guy. just stfu and buy their **** and leave the thinking to the ones who do it for a living).

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
6,677 Posts
@Teflon Mike @dalethemale Guys, I am not sure what to say here. Why are people gullible enough to spend $19,000 out the door on a Scout Bobber? The paint job is all very nice, but almost $3,000 nice? I don't think so. Oh wait... You DO get an axe with the deal, so I guess that makes it all worth it!! :eek-50: We are talking about a Scout Bobber, here - one of the smallest, most cramped motorcycles out there, with crappy suspension and even crappier brakes...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.